For rhose who sell on ebay

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I have a question for those who Sell on eBay. How have your sales been the first 15 days of the last three months? I have sold on average the first 15 days no more than 10 items. But the last two months I've sold 80 to 90 items the last 15 days of the month. Why is it so slow the first half of the month? Is anyone else having the same results?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me I'm on Ebreak. I wait till the kido's all head back to school, Summer vacations to end with many whom come back empty handed on a combo Disney trip for the kids and antique-ing for mom. The chill of the coming fall brings an end to the yard sales and the buyers sit back relax and hit the keyboards. With maybe a drink in their hand and me hoping they're not shocked at what they did drunk and mindlessly the night before in bidding things up to the moon.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of the month everyone is broke. Starting in July people start getting back to school stuff. I worked in resturants and we always took a hit July- October. Also have you noticed garage sales aren't doing as well as usual? I see a lot of them having tons of stuff left over at the end. I'm thinking its because everyone has started asking way to high for things. I've been to a few and one was nothing but rusted junk that sits around all year long. Even the barn was all mildew and water stained stuff. Anyways long story a little shorter. A bucket of rusty nail in a rusty coffee can was 10 bucks!!! You'd have hit these nail and they would have snapped. So kinda what thinking.

verbalexost

Greenie
Mar 25, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP
Tesoro Cutlass
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Nickleanddime. I work in retail and the summer is notoriously slow so far as sales go. As profits decrease, so do hours and therefore pay. If we aren't earning we aren't spending. Also, in my line of work we get paid every two weeks. That first couple of weeks you're likely recuperating from rent/mortgage/bills. Second couple of weeks of the month you have a little more freedom.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing okay but things aren't selling as good or rather as high as they usually do. Luckily, I buy my items very low so I can afford to list them a little lower than most and still make a great profit. Some items, I won't budge on though. They will sell eventually.

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I have noticed the sales have a lot left over. We were hitting them last week at 2:30 and still getting good items. Even got a bag with 4 sterling rings in it around 3:00 on Saturday. The lady had tons of antiques too. I was surprised. Oh we'll, it will pick up

Cojones

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My area there were tons of gsales. Too much supply, so people still have decent stuff a couple of hours in. I like sunday sales. I don't need to wake up early and there is less competition. I usually find good stuff on sundays in half the time.

As for ebay it's slow for me as well but come fall/winter I have trouble keeping up. Calm before the storm. Best to build up inventory now and hoard till fall. Always amazes me the prices people pay around holiday season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread