pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got notice of this active auction the other day and this guitar that was been offered.
It's gaining ground this past couple of days and still a week left for the closing.
But $10K is a long ways from the $75K they paid for the guitar in 2020.
I will just say it's way above my pay grade-then again I would be in the $75.00 thinking range.
Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 3.17.56 PM.png

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thatā€™s an Esteban Granada G-100 acoustic/electric made (I think) in China. The guitar itself is probably worth around $100 with the case.

The problem with ā€˜charity auctionsā€™ is the element of goodwill from the bidders which generally means the sold prices are way above conventional auction sales.

Itā€™s neat to have those signatures on it, but they donā€™t really add $10K to the value of the guitar, and certainly not $75K.

RelicFinder77

Oct 21, 2022
Thatā€™s an Esteban Granada G-100 acoustic/electric made in China. The guitar itself is probably worth around $100 with the case.

The problem with ā€˜charity auctionsā€™ is the element of goodwill from the bidders which generally means the sold prices are way above conventional auction sales.

Itā€™s neat to have those signatures on it, but they donā€™t really add $10K to the value of the guitar, and certainly not $75K.
Exactly

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thatā€™s an Esteban Granada G-100 acoustic/electric made (I think) in China. The guitar itself is probably worth around $100 with the case.

Yes I fully agree with you on the charity sentiment.
Wallet mixed with ego can result in unrealistic values.
I haven't looked into the history of the previous sale.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the next bid has to be over $20K.