housemom6

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one knee replaced in March and fixin to do the other in July. So I'm a hurtin pup

songdog

May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us posted as to how it goes.
I am 57 and looking at having both knees replaced, but not looking forward to it!
Five years ago I had a cadaver ligament put in my right knee after an injury while working an ice storm. That was not fun either and the physical therapy sucked!
I guess that is why I have been putting off knee replacement.
I have a neighbor that had BOTH of her knees replaced AT THE SAME TIME! I think she is tougher than I am.

OP
OP
housemom6

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't do both of yours at the same time. My brother did that and got an infection and ended up in the hospital for literally 10 months. (In a coma for almost a month) Both of the doctors I went to said unless you are an athlete it's not recommended.

songdog

May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't do both of yours at the same time. My brother did that and got an infection and ended up in the hospital for literally 10 months. (In a coma for almost a month) Both of the doctors I went to said unless you are an athlete it's not recommended.

That is what I wanted to hear!
Thank you for your reply and I am hoping that your brother is doing well now.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice little rider:) Good luck with your knees, my wife did her right knee last year and it worked out pretty good.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got bad knees from being a overnight stocker in a grocery store and then years later running ultra marathons,but my doctor told me to give up that ultra marathoning thing or I would have to get them replaced.Now he just drains them & then shoots me with a steroid,and "bingo" I have knees like a teenager allover again.

OP
OP
housemom6

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the cortisone shots too but eventually they eat your joints up. the surgery sucks but it's so much better afterwards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread