txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had our first club hunt today at noon at a place called Isa Blanca park on SPI, you pay to get in the park but it does have a nice beach with a huge pavillian, restrooms and showers. I could not wait until noon to hunt so I dragged my butt out of bed at 4am and hit the island where it is free access infront of the condos by 6am. It was vaccant as you can tell from the pics, and oh so nice to detect and not be bothered. However, the finds were pretty vaccant as well. I did manage a nice silver toe ring before heading out for lunch and to meet up with the others. Well I got to Isa Blanca park and Robert was there already heading for the water, then a few of the others showed up and we all hit the beach. With all the people packed into it, you would think it would be great to hunt, and might be under the right conditions. I was pulling pennies out at 8" and everthing else deeper. I really worked my butt off today. I finally pulled out a 10k earring and called it a day at 3pm. I am wiped out. I also got a $10 peso, which considering where I live isn't a big deal, but I love finding them. At any rate I posted the trash pic as well to show you guys just how hard I worked for my little gold. The people in the pic are, Sharky, James, myself(look how short I am compared to these guys) and David.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shut up! ;D lol a wee one now I sound like one of the little people from wizard of oz

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks all, I can't wait to get back to the beaches in Corpus where I find less trash and more stuff.

T

The.Boomer

just wondering which side of the Island are you hunting, the South side or north ?

I would think with all the party goers on Spring break and a fresh hurricane you should be able to find more goodies then that. :P

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted mostly the south areas infront of the rich condos and hotels and then at the park. I would think the same thing, I just think that the conditions have to be primo to pull out the goods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread