Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
RTG MAkes a Great Scoop all I use for the sand ,, guzz

pat35

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2006
Iam also looking for a beach and water scope this link is local to me, I live in Stuart and work in west palm. I have been using a shovel and need something in the wet sand and knee deep water. Please let me know your opinions on what you think is the best one with a long handle. thank you in advance.

quote author=treasureace13 link=topic=177129.msg1291409#msg1291409 date=1219541128]
http://palmbeachmetaldetectors.com/beach-scoops.htm
i was looking at the ones with the semi long handles 35.00-50.00
would they be good? :icon_scratch:
[/quote]

EARTHLING

Aug 17, 2008
DALLAS TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SHADOW x5.... GOLDTRAX... D.P. WADER.... NAUTILUS DMC II B
the GOLD or the RTG PRO look to be about the best...... they seem to have a little bit deeper reach than the others if you dont mind bending over a lot... or try and find the same thing with a handle................. the drag type are not that great because if you have to go deep; and a lot of time you do; they are kind of a pain because you cant get good torque on them like the ones you step on the back of with your foot to push down into the sand

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
I have thier Kap Hook, i use in dry sand.. i have learned though.. a longer handle is better, as others said.. saves bending.. As for the water i have a "Diamond head scoop 48 " fiber glass handle.. was $ but i would use nothing else in water ever again. shaka Mikey :thumbsup:

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok then any of them should work good. I think the mesh kind may drain the wet sand a little better than just the holes..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread