69.1 KB · Views: 8,738
Upvote 0

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Congrats on your finds lurediver. It is sad about the things coming from foeclosures but better for someone who can legally remove the stuff to get it than for it to be trashed. I've demolished houses that big companies had bought to put more houses on the property and I've seen furniture, TV's, computers, family pictures, and everything you can think of left. It wasn't like the people in those cases were forced out. I think it's a shame they left all the stuff and a shame some of the houses were knocked down. On one job I knocked down 3 big nice houses that were only about 2 years old. A builder bought them and got the county ordinances changed around so he could put 6 houses on the property.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A re-hash of some points already made but years ago I was a maintenance guy for a mobile home park. The homes that were abandoned had to be cleaned out for re-sale or rental. I found tons of nice stuff in sheds, homes, etc. Some items included a 14k gold herringbone bracelet, Capodimonte figurines, antique tools, you name it.
I knew that one family had only moved several spaces down into a smaller mobile home so I took the stuff to the woman who lived there. She looked it over and told me to keep it.
Losing ones home and possesions is never easy. It's happened to me on more than one occasion. Your priorities change immediately. Those items may have meant a great deal to the person who lost them but when you find yourself in traumatic life changing event you soon realize that they are just THINGS... replaceable THINGS.
Maintaining ones sanity and holding the family together is the most important thing.

It really chaps my hide when the armchair ethics committees adopt the 'how dare you' attitude. They are most likely the ones with forty seven frozen swampers in their deep freeze and the shotgun muzzle sticking out of the passenger window of their pick-ups.

OP
OP
L

lurediver

Jun 12, 2009
Here's another little find that I found in a barn.

J-Deer Diesel 4x4 with frontloader and a scraper.

Attachments

• johndeere.jpg
    johndeere.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 3,916

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lurediver said:
Here's another little find that I found in a barn.

J-Deer Diesel 4x4 with frontloader and a scraper.
WOW!!! I'd like to get something like that. I don't do property preservation or clean up, but lurediver, you have got my interest up. Any advice you can give me on how to get started and what I'll need besides my little ole truck? I use a tractor just like that sometimes, but it belongs to a town that I sometimes do work for. So I can't bring it home to use around the yard.

Thanks for the post and Happy Hunting or cleaning or detecting!!! Yard Digger

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
Just curious how you would ever receive a vehicle title on something like that tractor, or a boat or car/truck. Since the bank would be the owner under abandonment, wouldn't they have to sign it over to you?

Awesome occupation either way... :icon_thumleft:

trapper bob

Mar 22, 2005
mid-michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinshooter 2, Garrett GTA 1000 Ultra, Bounty Hunter Landstar, Bounty Hunter Lonestar
This topic really hits home. I work for 7 mobile home parks and do maintenance and teardowns. It is unreal how many people skip out and move in the middle of the night or a weekend. They have had numerous opportunities to rectify, make payment plans, sell their home or outright give up the title to their home. Most are at least 3-4 months out on their rent, sometimes more. If we can`t get a title to the home, it takes 6 months to get an abandoned title, and the homeowner owes everyday it sits on the rental lot. By then all the pipes are frozen, the roof leaks---ect. They have been served court papers, numerous letters of intent by a court officer and finally they know they have to leave in 24 hrs. This takes weeks/months. We have had to actually wake them up and tell them they have 10 min to get what they can carry and evacuate. THEY LEAVE EVERYTHING including clothes, food, photo albums, medicine, ect.....and their pets. >:( After my crew cleans out everything and throws it in a dumpster it costs around $2000 to tear the home down and remove. Yes we find guns, coins, jewelry, ect. and donate the can goods, kids clothing and furniture/appliances, but it really bugs me... Thanks for letting me vent and Mods-------delete if you want.........Bob

OP
OP
L

lurediver

Jun 12, 2009
Here's my latest find a Indian carving from the northwest. It was found in a barn, listed and sold on ebay for over $900

Attachments

• Indian 021.JPG
    Indian 021.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 2,753

Myke_O

Jul 30, 2011
Chico, CA
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Micronta 3001
Im in the same business...... every thing is 100% legit and legal. the banks contract with companies like the one i work for and we go in and trash them out (remove internal and external debris).... I bring my metal detector with me to just about every property i do.... especially the older houses.

Squigmeister

Mar 29, 2011
Somewhere in Minnesota
Detector(s) used
ace 350, whites coinmaster 5000/D
Hey this guy is just doing his job and getting a little extra for his hard work. To all of you who thinks he just finds only good stuff like what he posted and wished you had the job, its not as easy as it sounds. i do trash outs as part of a construction company and alot of these houses have nothing but garbage. Sometimes i wish i didnt have the job because of how nasty it can be, there have been some trashouts where we have to use tyvek suits and resperators. But thats not to say i dont find the good stuff every now and then. BTW nice finds lurediver.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kevkirki said:
I need your job!!!! :laughing7:

I have been watching this Post, occasionally

The picture below is Just 1 of hundreds!!!!

Contents clothes, papers, syringes and all Of it was Covered In Cat Feces and Urine!!!

It took Me 2 Days to Clear this One wearing a respirator and Gloves

They left the 2 cats in the apartment For 2 weeks with no food or water

Attachments

• trash.JPG
    trash.JPG
    462.3 KB · Views: 1,257

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've worked with Lure diver and the man has luck on his side. I blocked the stairs with clothes and everything else I could he just continued to clean the down stairs. Gave me all the time in the world he comes up stairs and finds a 10k ring in the bath then pickes up a copy machine that a kid had used as a penny bank I moved that copy machine didn't hear a raddle.
One thing that hasent been said is having to go out in the garage and find a 2x4 to scrape the terds in the toilet no water or lights

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A re-hash of some points already made but years ago I was a maintenance guy for a mobile home park. The homes that were abandoned had to be cleaned out for re-sale or rental. I found tons of nice stuff in sheds, homes, etc. Some items included a 14k gold herringbone bracelet, Capodimonte figurines, antique tools, you name it. I knew that one family had only moved several spaces down into a smaller mobile home so I took the stuff to the woman who lived there. She looked it over and told me to keep it. Losing ones home and possesions is never easy. It's happened to me on more than one occasion. Your priorities change immediately. Those items may have meant a great deal to the person who lost them but when you find yourself in traumatic life changing event you soon realize that they are just THINGS... replaceable THINGS. Maintaining ones sanity and holding the family together is the most important thing. It really chaps my hide when the armchair ethics committees adopt the 'how dare you' attitude. They are most likely the ones with forty seven frozen swampers in their deep freeze and the shotgun muzzle sticking out of the passenger window of their pick-ups.
We moved to a sub development in a metropolitan area that seemed like a good place to live. We thought we had nice neighbors, and most of those who lived next door were indeed great people. One family couldn't make their house payments and got evicted. They left without taking furniture or personal belongings (presumably because of difficulty moving their belongings to the new address).The sherif dept. came (This was in a southern state) and removed everything from the house and stacked it in the front yard by the curb. I came home from work to find their stuff outside and people who lived nearby pilfering through everything. We got hold of the ex-tenants and told them what was going on. I spent half the evening chasing people off and threatening to call the cops. Word spread fast and more people from the development helped themselves after dark. The next morning, the owners came and looked at everything but just left most of what remained. It was sad and made us wonder why people would just help themselves to the property of others when they are not even in need. Anyway you look at it, they were stealing, at least until the owners abandoned their property on the street on day two. I just hope there is never a dooms day crises where people start scavenging for things because they are down and out.....it would be bad.

Last edited:

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The exact same thing on vehicle repossessions. We re-po cars/trucks that they have lived out of for months. Some have never seen or used any trash can, as every McDonalds or other fast food bag is still in the floorboards. But, on the bright side, they also leave all their electronics, video game players, DVD's CD's, and jewelry. They get a registered letter sent to the address on the lien or the latest one on the re-po order, and after 45 days if they dont come and claim it, it is disposed of. One engagement ring was valued at over $12K, and we kept it for about 30 days when we got a call from the ex-wife. asking if we had sent the car to auction yet. Car was still on lot but the ring was in a safe in office. She described it and we returned it. But, that is not the usual! Lots of rings, ear rings, watches, bracelets, etc., under seats. One car, which had been in police impound for 18 months, had all the guys suits, shirts, pants, etc., fresh out of the cleaners, and he was headed to death row for murder. We gave all that to Goodwill, like all the other clothes we get. Anything not permanently attached to the vehicle is 'personal property'. Several times we have called police as there were lots of drugs in the car, from pills, to pot, to hard stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread