Forget my day job, Im CRHing

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Forget my day job, I'm CRHing

Ya that does typically face value means what it is worth in USD. So when you had said you found 2405$ of quarters face value, i was like damn....thats like a wheelbarrow full of silver !

But I see you meant 2405$ melt value at the time, gotcha! But regardless still an awesome find!

Heed

lastcsarebel

Greenie
Feb 5, 2011
Whittier, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Bigheed said:
Ya that does typically face value means what it is worth in USD. So when you had said you found 2405$ of quarters face value, i was like damn....thats like a wheelbarrow full of silver !

But I see you meant 2405$ melt value at the time, gotcha! But regardless still an awesome find!

Heed

:laughing7: GOTCHA :thumbsup: lol I would'nt mind a wheelbarrow of silver though :laughing7: Next coupla months might turn up a few more finds, i resume my roll hunting tomorrow, and in October i'm hunting on USAF property (with there permission) for gold coins washed up from an old Gold rush steamer. So who knows, maybe i'll find a wheelbarrow worth lol :thumbsup:

God Bless,

Matthew

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

if i had to crh for a living i would be in the soup line living on the streets. had some good finds for a while but it has all but dried up. i stopped hunting in may. had to give the skunks a rest. plan to start back soon after labor day. only going to do 4 boxes a week and test the waters.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other

I think more & more people will be trying this in the future as silver, copper and nickel prices continue to rise and jobs and the economy get worse - at least as a source of pt income. Even better than halves I think nickels and cents offer the best source of steady finds. Right now silver nickels are worth about $2.50 each and it was just less than 2 years ago they were worth around $1 each and it won't be long before they will be worth $5 or more. I seem to find about 1 silver nickel in about every 10 rolls or so. I think this good ratio is because they minted so damn many of them - hundreds of millions thankfully.

Anyway if silver doubles again (which may not be too much longer) silver nickels will be worth about $5 each. Thanks an incredible 100 x fv. If you search 10 boxes a week (500 rolls - $1000 fv) you could find about 50 silver nickels which would have an intrinsic value of $250. That's $1000 a month - a nice supplement income or sole source of income if you need it.

Copper prices are down a little lately but copper cents will likely be back to $.03 each again and will eventually go much higher as all commodities continue to rise. Copper cents are much easier to find than silver coins and when they are worth around $.05 each (just for copper memorial) you could easily make another $100 or more a week with copper cents. And as commodity prices go even higher - so would your income. And as inflation is increasing your income would also be increasing while most people's income who are getting paid in increasingly worthless dollars would be decreasing.

In addition to being an enjoyable hobby this is also a worthwhile and financially timely one as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions