Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the info from (deleted by mod) another website.

under the title of the post : Jar of 5450

And when he talked about the Chest, he said previously on TV that the Chest that it "is exposed to the elements, rain, snow.....it can easily be scorched by fire" from my recollection. That can also be easily verified there as well, as they have a good conference going, but I dont rap there anymore, It got kinda competitive and they were not willing to reinforce the no harassment rule so I stopped posting

So my one post drummed up something like 5000 views, and somebody went and followed me out to the blaze kilns. It was a hunch, and I had to follow it. When I got there some guy showed up there in an SUV just afterwards, 15 minutes later

Kinda weird doing your own work, and then getting followed to the middle of nowhere.

Anyways the final location will only be found when the clues are followed precisely, without a hunch. I was stupid and missed a turn, going the wrong way at the fork in the clues where it said No Paddle Up Your Creek. There is a split, going up both ways out of the main canyon, and I was stupid and thought 'well I can come around from the end of the poem and get to the final area'. The place I chose was unique as it fit the clues, but Fenn was cunning enough to see that too, and shifted a few clues around in the sequence to remind you of where it lies relates not to the end of the poem, but where you find the blaze, not the BLAZE KILNS......ooops

View attachment 1118898

I was one of the close by guys Forrest recently spoke about, and I am pretty sure I know where it lies in the vicinity of where I was at. i will have to make a calculated sweep next time.

Maybe I am blind, but seeing someone else that close, 'I gave up', and so did he. This spring I am going Mountain Biking and Fishing with my friend and hope to bring back the big fish.

Fenn said 2 people have been within 200 feet now, and there is a good chance he meant 'throughout the path you plotted, that you were 200 feet from it', instead of meaning 'the final location you picked was 200 feet away', as he knows who has been close, only by those who post or actually write him.

So this is his way of hinting to the individuals that are close, in random areas of the media, to see which clues someone will recognize as being close to their search, and if you are brave enough to challenge the Coyote, he will trick you, and you can learn more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cool place those kilns. I have been there too but just on an unrelated outing. Maybe I need to think about that now.

The rabbit does not fear because he is smarter than the panther. (Just heard it on a movie once lol)

Last edited:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the info from (deleted by mod) another website.

under the title of the post : Jar of 5450

And when he talked about the Chest, he said previously on TV that the Chest that it "is exposed to the elements, rain, snow.....it can easily be scorched by fire" from my recollection. That can also be easily verified there as well, as they have a good conference going, but I dont rap there anymore, It got kinda competitive and they were not willing to reinforce the no harassment rule so I stopped posting

So my one post drummed up something like 5000 views, and somebody went and followed me out to the blaze kilns. It was a hunch, and I had to follow it. When I got there some guy showed up there in an SUV just afterwards, 15 minutes later

Kinda weird doing your own work, and then getting followed to the middle of nowhere.

Anyways the final location will only be found when the clues are followed precisely, without a hunch. I was stupid and missed a turn, going the wrong way at the fork in the clues where it said No Paddle Up Your Creek. There is a split, going up both ways out of the main canyon, and I was stupid and thought 'well I can come around from the end of the poem and get to the final area'. The place I chose was unique as it fit the clues, but Fenn was cunning enough to see that too, and shifted a few clues around in the sequence to remind you of where it lies relates not to the end of the poem, but where you find the blaze, not the BLAZE KILNS......ooops

View attachment 1118898

I was one of the close by guys Forrest recently spoke about, and I am pretty sure I know where it lies in the vicinity of where I was at. i will have to make a calculated sweep next time.

Maybe I am blind, but seeing someone else that close, 'I gave up', and so did he. This spring I am going Mountain Biking and Fishing with my friend and hope to bring back the big fish.

Fenn said 2 people have been within 200 feet now, and there is a good chance he meant 'throughout the path you plotted, that you were 200 feet from it', instead of meaning 'the final location you picked was 200 feet away', as he knows who has been close, only by those who post or actually write him.

So this is his way of hinting to the individuals that are close, in random areas of the media, to see which clues someone will recognize as being close to their search, and if you are brave enough to challenge the Coyote, he will trick you, and you can learn more.

thanks Eldo. From another continent where I am living, I also claimed to have figured out the location months back.But I didnt get the chance to have boots on the ground. It seems many people are determined to find it in 2015...good luck

tintin treasure

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool place those kilns. I have been there too but just on an unrelated outing. Maybe I need to think about that now.

The rabbit does not fear because he is smarter than the panther. (Just heard it on a movie once lol)

The problem with THOSE kilns is that there are no less than a dozen of them still left standing in the Rockies. They are everywhere, these just happened to be in the area I was looking and seemed an easy win,

That type of mentality, the conveniently placed one is a farce, even though he was 80, he went for a hike so I know that by going to the kilns in those areas that I am off a bit.

They are too close to roads to be a find that he hiked to, and too easy for a random person to find as a tourist. He is looking for someone to actually be looking for them, so he has crafted clues to lead you off the beaten path as much as he can bear.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, but it's going to be easy to get to when you have a horse

Funny he said he though he would like to see someone on a bike do the trail to the chest.

Makes me rethink if I should change tires next time to go offroad.

My road tires made thirty or forty miles easy that day, but were hell on the gravel.

Sank right in, I thought the roads were going to be more hardpacked so I left them for extra weight at the hotel.

Next time, I am taking a rental to the put in, and riding the trail with a set of Panaracer Smoke and Dart Combos.

Check the trails I left

View attachment 1126244 View attachment 1126245 View attachment 1126246

Absolute boonies and someone shows up there 15 minutes after I get there, when its late in the hunting season at the kilns and is wandering around for something like 10 mins and leaves

so sketchy to think someone would follow you to bump you off the trail....

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Eldo
Care to share thoughts as to why these kilns were,are "a very dear place" to FF? We can't lose sight of this very important clue if we are to find the chest. I have been busy with life things for a while but where did he say "he would like to see someone do the trail to the chest". I hope I'm not that far behind.

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No you are not that far behind. Just in the short term there have been alot of mistated/mutilated/fabricated clue information surfacing lately.

Stay focused and stick to what is known. Dont get diverted on a tangent that isnt real. There are those that find such entertaining. And I willingly question the source.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Thanks ID, I was hoping I wasn't slipping. I know there is tons of lie's out there be perpetuated. Just have to verify all of it ya know.

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
About those kilns... at least the ones I am familiar with... they are surrounded by privately owned property. Not commonly available to hunters.

MrWoodchip

Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realise that someone has said that Home Page - Where Warm Waters Halt is not associated with Mr. Fenn, but on the off-chance it is, and has been set up anonymously, I did a little poking around the source.

I found an audio file, accessed by clicking on a very easy to miss frog, it can be found here.

Transcript:
Child's voice: Old shaman, what can you tell me of the shadow? Does the shadow know?
Worn voice: The shadow may know, but does it point the way? Clever is the one who seeks guidance from Sispistoo.

I worked out the spelling of Sispistoo from the name of the background image, which is sispistoo1.jpg

By replacing 1 with 2 in the URL, I reached an error page, with blog type controls on the right, and some recent posts, all named after lines of the poem, in the categories. Clicking on the posts lead me to a page asking for a password. I tried "The Shadow", "Shadow", and "Sispistoo", as well as some verses from the poem with and without capitalisation, without success. That's as far as I've gotten.

The blog area can be found here.

Edit: I forgot to mention, in the meta section of the source, I found the phrases "Do you hear my signals...? Please acknowledge with receipt on . . .". These are the longhand meanings of 2 Q codes, QSK (I think) and QSL.
Q codes are frequently used in amateur radio.

Last edited:

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
I am not sure of how it's pronounced" sispistoo" .... but to me it sounds like "seepy stow" is what he says. Anybody hear it differently than I do?

Last edited:

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
C P Stow (e)?

I will not be pursuing that site anymore and after looking at the passworded blog pages I wish to highly recommend people do not enter any password attemps using words related to their solves. It would be way too easy to log all entry attemps by password and ip.

And yes I firmly feel the website with the audio has nothing to do with the chase by Mr. Fenns doing.

My guts say fake or scam or just somebody that wants to play around.

But the metadata suggest heavily that google is being used to track visitors by location possibly more.

Not Mr. Fenns style.
No need to track anyone.
No need to be sneaky.
No need to hide behind domain privacy protection. (Which can easily be found out by anyone here with a desire to know.)

I will not be wasting anymore time on it. More than likely the privacy protection is just hiding false registration info. Reg it for a couple of years. Enter fake owner data. Hide it. And then it doesnt matter in the end of the countdown as it will just eventually expire and die. Total money spent to setup... maybe 20 bucks at worst 50 bucks.

A pretty cheap thrill for someone and maybe used to gain data.

I recommend serious searchers just stick to what Mr. Fenn has put out there. And ignore the cryptic high school level website at least to protect yourself.

It doesnt benefit anyone to follow anything other than the Fenn clues.

But it could cost you some way if not careful.

-Mark-

Scott (MI)

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fenn made his voyage this last fall to

"Check on his jar of 5450" one of his Jars he said

when doing so, he confirmed the the chest was still there, and waited for a while to tell everyone that the Chest is " wet " from the exposure to the elements.

we know its not underwater because he said it can 'easily be scorched by fire'

so we know it is somewhere boldly placed on a rock, where anyone can get to it easily.

What surprises me is that no one has staked out Fenns house to watch where he goes. If he checks on his markers or the treasure itself, why has no one watched him? or is he quite slippery? If I was trying to find the treasure of a person still walking this earth, I think I would first watch the person and study him. No one has ever put on their detective had to see where Fenn has traveled in the past? Hotel receipts, etc.? or maybe this only happens on the CSI type TV shows. He made a voyage last fall?? Boy I would have figured there would be at least a dozen hunters watching him, just out of sight. Why do all the guessing as to where it is when all you have to do is watch the man, unless he has an (unknown to us) buddy doing the checking. Maybe this all was mentioned before but I have not read it, if it was.

Anyways this is quite a good story. Good Luck all you hunters!

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Actually people have been arrested stalking Mr. Fenn. Not a good idea to go sneaking round him and following. Hard to search for gold while in jail.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What surprises me is that no one has staked out Fenns house to watch where he goes. If he checks on his markers or the treasure itself, why has no one watched him? or is he quite slippery? If I was trying to find the treasure of a person still walking this earth, I think I would first watch the person and study him. No one has ever put on their detective had to see where Fenn has traveled in the past? Hotel receipts, etc.? or maybe this only happens on the CSI type TV shows. He made a voyage last fall?? Boy I would have figured there would be at least a dozen hunters watching him, just out of sight. Why do all the guessing as to where it is when all you have to do is watch the man, unless he has an (unknown to us) buddy doing the checking. Maybe this all was mentioned before but I have not read it, if it was.

Anyways this is quite a good story. Good Luck all you hunters!

Super creepy and illegal.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super creepy and illegal.

Creepy? Illegal? Putting someone under surveillance is illegal? At what point does it become illegal? When you follow him down the road without him knowing? To be convicted of stalking don't you have to be seen by the person being stalked? What would stop someone from hiring a private Investigator? Or are PI's now illegal? This is not a criticism, I am just curious at what point does watching someone become illegal?

I guess I must watch too many TV detective shows as it being creepy never dawned upon me. I just figure some of the people really into this mystery would have tried some of the things I mentioned. All I was wondering is if any one had done this and what the results were.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creepy? Illegal? Putting someone under surveillance is illegal? At what point does it become illegal? When you follow him down the road without him knowing? To be convicted of stalking don't you have to be seen by the person being stalked? What would stop someone from hiring a private Investigator? Or are PI's now illegal? This is not a criticism, I am just curious at what point does watching someone become illegal?

I guess I must watch too many TV detective shows as it being creepy never dawned upon me. I just figure some of the people really into this mystery would have tried some of the things I mentioned. All I was wondering is if any one had done this and what the results were.

One of the definitions of stalking in New Mexico. A criminal offense.

2) placing another under surveillance by being present outside the person‘s residence, school, workplace or motor vehicle or any other place frequented by that person, other than the residence e of the alleged stalker, or

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread