Forrest Fenn s treasure

WhatsInItsPocketses

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2015
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the Dal Neitzel site regarding wherewarmwatershalt.com --

The company behind this website is CMJ Media and it is most likely for advertising or marketing purposes. I found this out by coming across an orphaned attachment calledā€œiforgetwishesā€. iforgetwishes is the only attachment, post or page with a unique author, ā€œNah-E-Thlai,ā€ every other page is authored by ā€œFinderā€™s Keeper.ā€

After finding Nah-E-Thlai, I went to the authorā€™s profile page, which didnā€™t exist but did reveal a unique URL ending with /author/eric/. Once I confirmed that an email address was tied to that author name, I sent an email to the address. Almost immediately, I received a reply from an email account registered to CMJ Media:

I will be out of the office Aug 12 to Aug 14 and will have limited availability. I will occasionally check email and voice mail {removed}.

Thank you,
Eric {removed}
CMJ Media / Engage Inform Persuade

I found two more registered email addresses on WhereWarmWatersHalt.com and reached out to see how to proceed. I also emailed the folks over at CMJ Media. Iā€™m a full-time writer and occasional designer myself, so I know how much work goes into these things and I really didnā€™t want to needlessly spoil any major surprisesā€¦ however, I feel like part of the allure of sites like these is figuring them out. They are designed to create a sense of mystery that only makes sense if the point is to solve them. To that end, Iā€™m sorry if Iā€™ve ruined any plans or spoiled some massive product launch.

Looking at the website for Pacific Horizon Ventures, you can see that Eric Edwards, the owner of CMJ Media, is involved and ā€œhas been researching the Cocos Island treasure since 1986, including a search for the treasure in the South Pacific. Heā€™s also organized and led numerous outdoor ā€˜adventureā€™ excursionsā€ and ā€œhas participated in other searches for historic sites and artifacts.ā€

I am now fairly certain that this site will end up being some kind of promotion for Pacific Horizon Ventures, whose mission statement includes:

The company provides research, exploration and recovery services for historic lost assets with an intent to develop economic, carbon neutral, sustainable business ventures. The companyā€™s initial project (Project 1: Cocos Island Treasure) and efforts will focus on the recovery of the Cocoā€™s Island treasure (which is no longer on Cocos Island). This treasure is estimated (by those that secreted it to its present location) to be 100+ tons of gold, silver, jewels and historic artifacts). Upon the successful recovery and distribution of the treasureā€™s assets, the company will then move forward with branding and licensing of the story. This will include a documentary (and/or a series), book/published material, exhibitions, various products, movie rights and related items.

And, another interesting note on the Pacific Horizon Ventures introductory blog:

Additionally, the company intends to pursue other projects of a similar (and classified) nature after the successful recovery of the treasure/assets (Project 1).

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moving right along

Thanks to the new poster WhatsInItsPocketses.

Well now we are moving forward on the WWWH site pilgrims. Wagons HO!!
Sod Buster may be the master of CYPHER, but I am the master of SATIRE.

CMJ Media physical address:
Address: 1 Berkeley St, London W1J, United Kingdom

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Chad, not sure if your joking, but im going to try and confirm, as my $$$
are short, and i dont want to waste them at the end of septmber, if i cant
get confirmation, not sure ,may have to wait until may 2016, just to set
my mind at ease for my solve.
if you found it congrats, hats off to ya

Chad,

Congratulations on your success!

I want to thank you for returning both bracelets, I received them Saturday as you already know. I would have been happy to get the one back that many people have heard me mention but getting the other one back too, has me overjoyed. As you wished, I'm sending you signed copies of my books by Fed Ex Monday or Tuesday and a little something extra for your extra thoughtfulness.

I am happy to hear you have chosen to keep the specific location of the chest a secret and have decided not to go to the media. You are probably correct, if the location was revealed, I would probably get a fine for littering/dumping the treasure in the woods with things being the way they are today. I agree, the treasure site would see so much foot traffic and media attention if revealed, it would destroy the beauty of the area in short order. I seriously doubt anybody will know the location based on the photo you posted online.

If you do post this email reply on that forum, most wouldn't believe you anyway like you said. As far as going to the media myself, I'm going to continue to go on that the treasure is still out there and hidden and as of today it is still out there 'someplace.' I will also consider your offer of buying the treasure back for a cash dollar amount as well. Thank you again for returning the bracelets and I wish you all the best.

Keep in touch, your friend.

Forrest Fenn

(number omitted as for forum rules)

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Chad,

I want to thank you for returning both bracelets, I received them Saturday as you already know. I would have been happy to get the one back that many people have heard me mention but getting the other one back too, has me overjoyed. As you wished, I'm sending you signed copies of my books by Fed Ex Monday or Tuesday and a little something extra for your extra thoughtfulness.

I am happy to hear you have chosen to keep the specific location of the chest a secret and have decided not to go to the media. You are probably correct, if the location was revealed, I would probably get a fine for littering/dumping the treasure in the woods with things being the way they are today. I agree, the treasure site would see so much foot traffic and media attention if revealed, it would destroy the beauty of the area in short order. I seriously doubt anybody will know the location based on the photo you posted online.

If you do post this email reply on that forum, most wouldn't believe you anyway like you said. As far as going to the media myself, I'm going to continue to go on that the treasure is still out there and hidden and as of today it is still out there 'someplace.' I will also consider your offer of buying the treasure back for a cash dollar amount as well. Thank you again for returning the bracelets and I wish you all the best.

Forrest Fenn

NOT even close chad...FF sounds NOTHING like your post. Wishful thinking for us all tho!

WhatsInItsPocketses

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2015
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
show_me_the_money.png

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people only believe something if they can behold it in person and nothing else will ever satisfy.

BIWWWH:-P

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chad Whats your object in this charade? It's obivious that picture is not the site, do some research, it's not even above 5000 in the Rockies. He would not put a cheap modern silver braclett in with all the valuables. He would not respond in that manner.
Your little game is not helpful or even amusing.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chad,

Forrest Fenn

Sorry Chad, I don't believe you as much as you want to be seen as the victor in this chase....when you post a pic of the chest alone, without any of the contents I will bow out then.

Forrest never responds to anything I write him other than a few miscelaneous lines.

He ends all of his messages with a period and a single letter like this. F

Your's is so drawn out its not realistic and even subtly anything like what you wrote.

StoneyRun

Mar 10, 2013
S.W. Missouri
Detector(s) used
old faithful Radio Shack
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the Dal Neitzel site regarding wherewarmwatershalt.com --

The company behind this website is CMJ Media and it is most likely for advertising or marketing purposes. I found this out by coming across an orphaned attachment calledā€œiforgetwishesā€. iforgetwishes is the only attachment, post or page with a unique author, ā€œNah-E-Thlai,ā€ every other page is authored by ā€œFinderā€™s Keeper.ā€

When I checked it out, Wild West Designs came up as the web designer. Culver City, CA

Cheri ( I just liked checking on the site, discounted for any help with the chase :) )

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RE: WWWH (now dark) site.

Revisiting the "dust up" I had with the poster Sod Buster. Now, Sod Buster is the master of
the cypher.
Zyhxlmwzi vg zw kizvhvmh ā€“ mfnvifn ivevozmwz (decoded is
"Hidden and at present - The number revealed"). This took me to the "dust up" I had with
the poster Slikor regarding the word KAPREKAR that was in the triangle (bottom right side of the
background) on the web page. HeavyMetalThunder (HMT) had unscrambled this to A.P. Parker.
This took HMT to the BIRTHDAY published in 1935.

So then, the number revealed in my judgment
is 1935.
For what that is worth to anybody. Fenn did mention a 1935 Plymouth Tudor as being
his first automobile, and Fenn's birthday is in the month of August.

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
27988478-8541222-12551-222448-485425-454-445145-5018

Attachments

• end-of-designated-trail.jpg
    end-of-designated-trail.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 232

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Revisiting the "dust up" I had with the poster Sod Buster. Now, Sod Buster is the master of
the cypher.
Zyhxlmwzi vg zw kizvhvmh ā€“ mfnvifn ivevozmwz (decoded is
"Hidden and at present - The number revealed"). This took me to the "dust up" I had with
the poster Slikor regarding the word KAPREKAR that was in the triangle (bottom right side of the
background) on the web page. HeavyMetalThunder (HMT) had unscrambled this to A.P. Parker.
This took HMT to the BIRTHDAY published in 1935.

So then, the number revealed in my judgment
is 1935.
For what that is worth to anybody. Fenn did mention a 1935 Plymouth Tudor as being
his first automobile, and Fenn's birthday is in the month of August.

Kaprekar would have to be K.A. Parker or A.K. Parker .........couldn't be A.P. Parker.

Why try and create something by scrambling the letters when the term "Kaprekar" already relates to numbers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaprekar_number

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sod Buster

Kaprekar would have to be K.A. Parker or A.K. Parker .........couldn't be A.P. Parker.

Why try and create something by scrambling the letters when the term "Kaprekar" already relates to numbers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaprekar_number[/QUOTE

Thank you Sod Buster. Lesson learned. I took HMT's Bait without checking it out.
By the by Sod Buster, do you perchance detail automobiles as a hobby?

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sod Buster

Hello again Sod Buster. I just visited the WWWH site and saw that the triangle that WAS in
the right bottom corner with the word KAPREKAR is no more. Causes one to wonder as they wander.
Quote the Raven, NEVERMORE HeavyMetalThunder.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaprekar_number[/QUOTE

Thank you Sod Buster. Lesson learned. I took HMT's Bait without checking it out.
By the by Sod Buster, do you perchance detail automobiles as a hobby?

No, I don't detail cars as a hobby. Why do you ask?

By the way.......the number 45 is the only Kaprekar number that is also a triangular number. Something for you to snack on while watching Get Smart re-runs tonight.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I don't detail cars as a hobby. Why do you ask?

By the way.......the number 45 is the only Kaprekar number that is also a triangular number. Something for you to snack on while watching Get Smart re-runs tonight.

Thanks again Sod Buster. I tend to remember things, but in this case, I am going to make an exception and try my best to forget that GEM of information from you.

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• home_of_brown_coors_bear.jpg
    home_of_brown_coors_bear.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 977
  • 300px-Color_icon_brown_v2_svg.png
    300px-Color_icon_brown_v2_svg.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 681
Last edited: