Forrest Fenn s treasure

Skullybnuts

Mar 4, 2013
Chicago Suburbs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did Mr Fenn tell you that he did not make anything off the books? Who actually owns the bookstore? You better make sure about a lot of that stuff before you say anything instead of assuming that because Forrest Fenn says he is or did do something its gospel. He can lie just as easy as the next person. In fact being in the military rules are stretched and the three S's are use quite a lot. He is a lonely old man...

He pays for the printing of the book and DONATES them to the bookstore with the only stipulation being 10% goes to a cancer patient in need

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He makes good money off of his overpriced book sales. If you think otherwise, please post your source. Otherwise you are just speculating or passing along hearsay.

Vor

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one its New Mexico
Home of Brown = Sierra Negra
Blaze = Chama also means blaze
its near a major road easy transport
Abiquiu lake is wear snow or ice melt would end up warm waters
the chama river travels down hill no paddles and water high - white water.

p.s. look at the first pic all within 10 miles

Also from Fenn's home to the Chama river is about 45 to 50 miles accessible by car. so he could just drive by and see if anything had changed no one would suspect an old guy fishing or walking the river bank, also the Abiquiu Reservoir is at an altitude of 6178 feet sorry one more thing the Chama river is at 5000 altitude.....

Last edited:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is reported that he is donating 10% of the proceeds which is usually defined as the net profits. Whoopy. So he isn't making any money off of this? Don't kid yourself. A grave robber under FBI investigation needs all the cash he can get to pay his team of attorneys.

I can post more sources on his legal issues if you want.

Local treasure hunter?s book sees sales surge after ?Today? appearance - The Santa Fe New Mexican: Local News

V
So even if its 10% just for the hell of it whats your point I don't know what his financial situation is where discussing his possible treasure even if he is donating only 10% that's 10% less that he has to fight the government lol your argument is mute.

Last edited:

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also from Fenn's home to the Chama river is about 45 to 50 miles accessible by car. so he could just drive by and see if anything had changed no one would suspect an old guy fishing or walking the river bank, also the Abiquiu Reservoir is at an altitude of 6178 feet sorry one more thing the Chama river is at 5000 altitude.....

Lemme know if I can mark that spot off the list. Got a couple places marked off. Got to remember that he was and still is a pilot. Not many people seeing him come and go at a small airport.

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is one of my other spots:

Below the home of Brown = Brown Canyon, Brown Mesa, Brown Reservoir - All in Northeastern New Mexico in the same area.
No paddle up your creek = Dry Cimarron River.
5000 Ft = There are a few places along the DCR that are at that evlevation.

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is one of my other spots:

Below the home of Brown = Brown Canyon, Brown Mesa, Brown Reservoir - All in Northeastern New Mexico in the same area.
No paddle up your creek = Dry Cimarron River.
5000 Ft = There are a few places along the DCR that are at that evlevation.

Ok I like it to, just one question on the part of the poem that speaks about the water high is there a dry high water mark on the canyon walls and the part to look down, maybe a cave near an overhang.

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's where I am stuck. The Folsom Falls ( FF ) is in the Dry Cimarron River. Maybe there is a cave there. Also, check this idea out:

Take the canyon down
Not too far but too far to walk

Long Canyon Road? - Also along the Dry Cimarron River

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's where I am stuck. The Folsom Falls ( FF ) is in the Dry Cimarron River. Maybe there is a cave there. Also, check this idea out:

Take the canyon down
Not too far but too far to walk

Long Canyon Road? - Also along the Dry Cimarron River
I enjoy a good discussion, but lets not forget his age 80+ two parts of the poem one ' not too far but too far to walk' I think hes referring to an area in the vicinity close to where he lives lets say 2 hours both ways second ease transporting the treasure. In the end all those factors must be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He also said "if I were younger, I would go back and get it." So, maybe it is in a rough patch.

warpigs777

Mar 2, 2013
albuquerque
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well can anyone tell me where warm waters would even halt in Cimarron.....As well as did he know anyone there? :director:

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been researching that. I know there is a runoff from Canada. As for who Forrest knows near there? Well, there is a prominent family.....ohhhh what's their name? The Brown Family. They own a Ranch near the Brown Canyon, Brown Mesa, and the Brown Reservoir. The Dry Cimarron River runs near their ranch.

Rich folks associate with one another.

Do I know for sure they know each other? No. However, I am looking for photo connections.

rtenpin

Sep 18, 2011
Been working on the spot since the story broke - I am almost certain I have the spot.

I will say this. I've read all 16 pages to this thread and no one has come close. (except for maybe the house of Brown)

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, we have the Brown Family Ranch with horses. The mark on a horses face is called a Blaze. However a blaze is also a marker on a tree, among many other things. They Browns live in the Dry Cimarron Valley where the river runs dry. All of this is next to the Brown Canyon, Brown Mesa, and the Brown Reservoir. I think we can call that whole area "Home of Brown" Wouldn't you guys say?

By the way, I want the Jade bracelet if this info helps anyone! Be fair!

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been working on the spot since the story broke - I am almost certain I have the spot.

I will say this. I've read all 16 pages to this thread and no one has come close. (except for maybe the house of Brown)

There is a guy who shows up on this thread sometimes who actually knows Fenn, and has been working on it for years. I have a feeling he is ahead of all of us.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yanito's gallery is filled with beautifully crafted contemporary pieces -- traditional blankets and bowls, sand paintings and jewelry, most of it handmade by Yanito's extended family. There are no prehistoric pots or arrowheads. Yanito wouldn't dream of entering a ruin.

"The cliff dwellings are ALL grave sites and everyone knows that," he says. "The dead should be left alone."

Yanito, son of a medicine man, grew up in a traditional hogan on the nearby reservation where he still lives. He knows the history of the region as well as anyone, how "pot-hunting" began in the late 1800s when a Colorado rancher discovered the Anasazi ruins in Mesa Verde.

Such arguments strike Yanito as hollow. He believes that all ancient artifacts, ruins and burials -- including those on private lands -- should be left undisturbed. He points to the example of a well-known Santa Fe dealer, Forrest Fenn, who owns and is privately excavating an entire pueblo settlement on his land. (Fenn's home was raided as part of the investigation, though he has not been charged.)

Why should he be entitled to these things, Yanito asks. Who gives him that right?

Why should someone think it is OK to dig up and sell an ancient menstrual cloth, he continues, his voice filled with disgust. "That is pure evil."

Yanito picks up the flute and starts playing, a slow, haunting, Navajo tune about living in harmony with nature, about living in harmony with each other. There is no harmony when there is looting, Yanito says, after he finishes.

Utah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Archive - The Salt Lake Tribune

Cricow

Mar 12, 2013
El Paso, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you such a Negative Nelly, Vor? Maybe you should find another hobby other than annoying people. Wait.... you are too good at it.

sprinkle

Nov 27, 2012
True story. Earlier I bookmarked the wrong coordinates of my in some of my research and have been looking in the wrong area. :icon_scratch: Finally, after hours of retracing my steps, I'm back on track.

Hopefully you hadn't already booked the tickets!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions