Forrest Fenn s treasure

menzerdaniels

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2013

angeleyes1212

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2013
I like the way u think... Already started selling stuff.. I do know n will prove it soon.... Watch the news sweetie.

angeleyes1212

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2013
Sell something to make it happen, if your so confident that you know it, you would risk 500 bucks to go get 1-3 million.. But the fact that you post on here shows you don't know jack..
As u can see I'm new to this site... It's exciting to see how people are thinking n making sure no one is near my spot.... But ur on here doing what...? Taking the time to bash the dreams of true treasure seekers.... I don't have much so u best believe its more than worth it to sell everything n go get it. Slow process but it is getting done. If I cud trust someone to split it after I share the location I would but.... No one can be trusted with that info without a contract.... Oh well.

jayackam

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am reposting my previous post, so the real intend does not get missed.

BE WARNED! the box is booby trapped with evil spirit, designed to trap you.
Box/gold is a bait - you are the catch!!!
Here is the real meaning of the poem, the sinister version - as he intended:

As I have gone alone in there - went there alone
And with my treasures bold, - treasures bold - incomplete/no spirit
I can keep my secret where, - he will keep his secret there
And hint of riches new and old. - and hint of ancient and new secrects

Begin it where warm waters halt - at this point pleasant nature ends
And take it in the canyon down, - down - representing descent towards hell
Not far, but too far to walk. - doesn't not take long - happens quickly
Put in below the home of Brown. - you be will be dead - in spirit

From there it’s no place for the meek, - there, it is no place for good people
The end is ever drawing nigh; - your end is nearing
There’ll be no paddle up your creek, - you will be stuck up the creek without a paddle
Just heavy loads and water high. - only heavy burden and a sense of drowning

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze, - if you discovered blaze/dark/gold mirrors
Look quickly down, your quest to cease, - and looked in, opened the box - you are done for
But tarry scant with marvel gaze, - you will be blinded shortly
Just take the chest and go in peace. - take the spirit and rest in peace

So why is it that I must go - he has to do it - has no choice
And leave my trove for all to seek? - law of the chase
The answers I already know, - he knows that now, but it is too late
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak - he is now weak and tired of the chase"

So hear me all and listen good, - everybody hears, but the good ones listen
Your effort will be worth the cold. - warning - you will be out cold,
If you are brave and in the wood - evil, and dead as a wood
I give you title to the gold. - he left you there contract with the devil

Read my earlier post on this forum! This is for real!

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure you check under the bed when the lights are out, you never know whats lurking there in the dark :tongue3: :dontknow:

Last edited:

angeleyes1212

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2013
Cud be trouble... But for someone that has nothing but the answers to the clues given.... We shall see Wat it holds..

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am reposting my previous post, so the real intend does not get missed.

BE WARNED! the box is booby trapped with evil spirit, designed to trap you.
Box/gold is a bait - you are the catch!!!
Here is the real meaning of the poem, the sinister version - as he intended:

As I have gone alone in there - went there alone
And with my treasures bold, - treasures bold - incomplete/no spirit
I can keep my secret where, - he will keep his secret there
And hint of riches new and old. - and hint of ancient and new secrects

Begin it where warm waters halt - at this point pleasant nature ends
And take it in the canyon down, - down - representing descent towards hell
Not far, but too far to walk. - doesn't not take long - happens quickly
Put in below the home of Brown. - you be will be dead - in spirit

From there it’s no place for the meek, - there, it is no place for good people
The end is ever drawing nigh; - your end is nearing
There’ll be no paddle up your creek, - you will be stuck up the creek without a paddle
Just heavy loads and water high. - only heavy burden and a sense of drowning

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze, - if you discovered blaze/dark/gold mirrors
Look quickly down, your quest to cease, - and looked in, opened the box - you are done for
But tarry scant with marvel gaze, - you will be blinded shortly
Just take the chest and go in peace. - take the spirit and rest in peace

So why is it that I must go - he has to do it - has no choice
And leave my trove for all to seek? - law of the chase
The answers I already know, - he knows that now, but it is too late
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak - he is now weak and tired of the chase"

So hear me all and listen good, - everybody hears, but the good ones listen
Your effort will be worth the cold. - warning - you will be out cold,
If you are brave and in the wood - evil, and dead as a wood
I give you title to the gold. - he left you there contract with the devil

Read my earlier post on this forum! This is for real!

Nonsense.

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldnt it be nice if we all shared our ideas and thoughts about this rather than indulging in petty bickering and scare tacticts.

Im relatively new here, but some thoughts...
Warm waters line I dont think its a dam reference.sure water stops at a dam, but the importance of WARM makes me think otherwise.
Perhaps its the nine mile hole.

Whitt

Feb 7, 2013
So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold..............cold water,in the snow ,ice, look only in the winter
If you are brave and in the wood...............i think there was a book/movie,about brave in the wood

I think you may be on to something about the cold thing. I was pondering this yesterday myself. I only found out about this story on Friday and have been captivated by it since then.

geodesic9

Greenie
Mar 21, 2011
Garden Valley, CA (Produce Garden of the 49er's)
Detector(s) used
GB 2
I have made three trips (2k miles round trip ea) from California to where I believe the chest is hidden.
1st trip we only spent about 4 hours on the ground looking. BIL got barn stale on me and wanted to go home.
2nd trip I made by myself but got myself too tired hiking to carry on and the 14 hour drive home was one long drive without stopping. You shouldn't go by yourself in my opinion, but make sure who you go with is committed to the search.
3rd trip only had a couple of hours of light left in the day to do the search. Brother was with me on this trip, he wanted to head back as well. I bought climbing gear for rappelling and climbing rope for safety.

Next trip is with the wife and we will be spending a couple of days on site searching for the "blaze". I'm pretty confident I now know where it might be but it is an "area" to search, not a place.

I even emailed Forrest with a small clue of where I think it is.

Here is his response to me "Good for you Rick, when you find the chest I would like to buy the bracelet from you, if you want to sell it. f"

Well, I didn't fin
d it. Went and found what I thought was the blaze and followed it to what I thought was the spot but it was too difficult to access so ruled it out. Have determined another spot to check on my next trip.

My thoughts are you need to read and re-read the poem after arriving at the site you think it is at. I have done this and it is the only way you will find the chest. I also think you cannot discount any line of the poem to be without a meaning or giving you some indication of what he wants you to do or think.

My hope is that I am on track as I believe I have answered the clues all the way to the blaze. Time on the ground at the site will award me with the chest. I have used different starting locations to try to discount the one I have been working on and I keep coming back to this one place.

Good luck to all and safe hunting.

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am not trying to scare anybody off. I am completely serious.

Ok fair enough. But you've made your point. The treasure contains one or more evil spirits. Beware. Thanks for the warning. Once was enough.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I didn't find it. Went and found what I thought was the blaze and followed it to what I thought was the spot but it was too difficult to access so ruled it out. Have determined another spot to check on my next trip.

geodesic9,reading these lines from poem, it does not read to me, that you have to go away from the blaze
to the Tbox, the Tbox is @ the blaze,is the way i read it

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cw0909
So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold..............cold water,in the snow ,ice, look only in the winter
If you are brave and in the wood...............i think there was a book/movie,about brave in the wood
I think you may be on to something about the cold thing. I was pondering this yesterday myself. I only found out about this story on Friday and have been captivated by it since then.

FF likes words,and uses them well for telling the tale/story
starting to think most of the poems words are, is a play on words in some instances

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
the idea about the outhouse,still a pos even though, FF says not near a structure
as the line reads, begin at that point of where the warm waters halt,so i guess
you could start at a privy and work your way to the Tbox
just me interpreting the lines

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,

warpigs777

Mar 2, 2013
albuquerque
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well actually if it was a projection tv you couldnt really pick it up....(projection) haha just kidding :hello:

warpigs777

Mar 2, 2013
albuquerque
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forrest had three books in the works when the treasure hunt first gained notoriety in 2010. In order to get the word out about the treasure he has had to devote considerable time to the hunt over the past two and a half years and very little to completing his books. Now that the treasure hunt has reached maximum velocity with searchers from all over the world participating, Forrest feels that he can finally return to his writing. So today, Forrest announced that he will no longer be available to answer questions about the treasure on FaceBook or via email or phone. Additionally, he will be cutting back on book signings, appearances and media requests but will continue his monthly appearance on The Today Show to hand out a new clue.

In his note today Forrest said “I love all of the adventurers who are in the search but I can no longer answer, or even read, most of the 300 emails I get each day. My book has to be my priority.”

Forrest has written nine books so far on varied topics and has contributed articles to magazines and other publications. He received the New Mexico Rounder’s Award in 2012 for his contribution to the culture of the west.

Thank god, also please get off the today show, narrow our chances down :headbang:

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
I went out scouting areas yesterday. Found this place. Figured I would check it out. Thinking like an elderly gentleman, I parked my truck and went down a couple trails (carrying a heavy load, I would want to go downhill first, then back uphill empty) and not to very far. Looking for markers (blaze), found many stone pile markers up from previous hikers. Looking in shelf areas with stones blocking the view.
Didn't find anything, but it was a good hike.
Todays weather keeps me grounded, bummer...............

Attachments

• new mex 001.JPG
    new mex 001.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 473

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread