Forrest Fenn s treasure

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL!!! wrong bait frankn!! but good fishing to ya!

You know NVRADR, Frankn appears to be pragmatist. Such know that the
"meaning of conceptions is to be sought in their practical bearings, that the function of thought is to guide action, and that truth is preeminently to be tested by the practical consequences of belief." I don't see any signs that Frankn is "fishing" for anything other than the truth of this game that Fenn is selling to the public.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever thought it isn't real? He said he wants to be remembered for ever. So why couldn't he start this big treasure hunt but never really put anything out there. Think about it as long as people think its out there he will be remembered, but as soon as its found he will be forgotten. Get what I'm saying?

Sharecropper

Feb 27, 2009
I've been following this thread for several months now, and here's what has me perplexed - assuming the treasure is indeed cached somewhere north of Santa Fe (or anywhere else for that matter), it can only be hidden on one of two types of properties - either it is cached on private property, or on public property. If it is hidden on private property, it legally is owned by the property owner. If it is hidden on public property, it is legally owned by the United States Government. Did Forrest consider this when he hid the chest? i personally believe the treasure is hidden on public property, and if this ultimately is the case, then if/when somebody finds the chest and goes "public", Obama and his crew could conceivably take possession of the find. I find it difficult to believe Forrest would not have considered this, so the only other scenario would be for Forrest to hide the chest on property owned by him. Has anyone dug into his personal property holdings to see if he owns property downstream from where Warm Waters Halt? It is getting deep.

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
IF found I hope the person is smart enough to enjoy their treasaure and not need praise from the general public for finding it. If I found it personally Id not say a word. Maybe an anonymous email to FF and a small gift of his bracelet as a thanks for burying it and making my life a bit easier. He can publically anounce its been found and Id make up a fake name to call myself. But I dont need publicity or popularity I'd be to busy on the beach in a warm climate.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
You know NVRADR, Frankn appears to be pragmatist. Such know that the
"meaning of conceptions is to be sought in their practical bearings, that the function of thought is to guide action, and that truth is preeminently to be tested by the practical consequences of belief." I don't see any signs that Frankn is "fishing" for anything other than the truth of this game that Fenn is selling to the public.

I assure you we ALL are fishing :tongue3:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NVradar:
Interesting response NVradar. However my point was that Frankn is searching for the TRUTH
(whatever that is), not that he was not fishing. How about you?

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
NVradar:
Interesting response NVradar. However my point was that Frankn is searching for the TRUTH
(whatever that is), not that he was not fishing. How about you?

With the biggest fattest worm I can find!:laughing7:

Maybe a pragmatic approach is the wrong way to find the chest... maybe not. Think inside and outside the proverbial box.

Last edited:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking that the home of brown could be an old homested, (being they are normally brown), and the blaze could mean the sun in high noon. JMO

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have been hot on this chase for quite awhile now, and have been on-site 6 times so far. (with no cigar)

I found this discussion thread and WOW, havent seen so many people in one place talking about this.

So I had to join. (I guess I shoulda posted an intro thread somewhere else though, huh)

Anyways I am working on a completely new concept that is providing me a totally new and unique area to look.
And I cant wait to get out there again.

-Mark-

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the biggest fattest worm I can find!:laughing7:

Maybe a pragmatic approach is the wrong way to find the chest... maybe not. Think inside and outside the proverbial box.

Interesting response again nvradar. We are going have to stop meeting like this.
I tend to practice lateral thinking in problem solving, because one cannot dig a hole in a
different place by digging the same hole deeper. Could it be that you have been thinking
in circles so long in this game that you now have the bait confused with the quarry?
Or possibly only BELIEVE that you are THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX? :thumbsup:

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Interesting response again nvradar. We are going have to stop meeting like this.
I tend to practice lateral thinking in problem solving, because one cannot dig a hole in a
different place by digging the same hole deeper. Could it be that you have been thinking
in circles so long in this game that you now have the bait confused with the quarry?
Or possibly only BELIEVE that you are THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX? :thumbsup:

Well I'm not at all sure what "lateral thinking" is but I hope it's not painful. I've not dug a single hole...yet. Last time I checked a box wasn't a circle... is it? Could be mistaken. I do go in circles at the race track. I've never caught a worm using a fish...thats just silly.

On the other thought I was thinking inside the box that time.:tongue3:

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am pretty sure it isnt buried.

That said, I am pretty sure it isnt sitting on top of a hill with a sign.

I havent read all 72 pages yet (phew), but where are you guys at?

I have been looking at the beginning and the end.

The beginning to show me the neighborhood, and the end to lead me to the chest.

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
But ask yourself...does stumble mean "trip over" or "come across randomly" in the poem?

I have asked myself that very question, and what I come up with is the blaze is not on a tree, not on a stump or rock. It has deeper meaning.

And something any ol' kid can show you.

As Mr. Fenn said, "it wont be found where you have a picnic", or something on those lines.

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So, I am sorry, but I am compelled to ask,...

How many of you are actually on "The Chase", or planning to be in the next 18 months or so.

Just "Like" this post to tell me. I dont care for the likes, it doesnt really matter to me.
But it will give me a fair view of those who plan on finding the chest.
(You can delete them or "unlike" them later. I am just curious)

I would like my own post but I cant, just consider this my own personal "like". ;)

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I am sorry, but I am compelled to ask,...

How many of you are actually on "The Chase", or planning to be in the next 18 months or so.

Just "Like" this post to tell me. I dont care for the likes, it doesnt really matter to me.
But it will give me a fair view of those who plan on finding the chest.
(You can delete them or "unlike" them later. I am just curious)

I would like my own post but I cant, just consider this my own personal "like". ;)

Hello ID. I'm not typing that "handle" of yours because it is too iffy. I am rather green here myself. Don't want to be booted our for insulting you. They do that here, so fair warning. They treat a habitual insulter like they treat a horse thief.
So then, good fishing to you ID.

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello ID. I'm not typing that "handle" of yours because it is too iffy. I am rather green here myself. Don't want to be booted our for insulting you. They do that here, so fair warning. They treat a habitual insulter like they treat a horse thief.
So then, good fishing to you ID.

Trust me, my skin is thicker than elephant skin.

You cant insult me anywhere.

And looking at the Fenn thread,... I dont see a problem here.

Good wishes. :wave:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread