Forrest Fenn s treasure

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Occului Nunc where did this come from?

Yeah frankn we all know! blah blah blah.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Yea, from this thread, it appears that everyone knows what the "clues" mean, but strange, no one knows where it is! I guess illusions are hard to find. Frank...- Chube-blk-500.jpg

Occului Nunc

Greenie
Apr 21, 2011

Sorry for the delayed response - been away for a bit. I stumbled on the site doing some Fenn research. Found it (the site - not the treasure ;-) about a week or so ago. Latest blog chat is there appears to be a 'CE5' in clouds (upper right hand area). The 'CE5', as you all probably know, can be found on Fenn's treasure chest (on the latch) . . . so perhaps a connection there? Rumor has it though that Fenn said the 'CE5' is a 'cost code'. Anyone found the blaze yet?!

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
No blaze as far as I know. Cost code? I guess we may find out what it's about when the clock runs out.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
No blaze as far as I know. Cost code? I guess we may find out what it's about when the clock runs out.
Don't worry, this clock has perpetual motion, it will never run out.
Now for the blaze. Years back there was a bad fire 'BLAZE' at Yellowstone Park on the west side, at the loop road. Here is a picture of it. Frank...-
6 06-1 Yellowstone 097-1.jpg
This was taken June '06 from the road

Last edited:

spaceman

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went up to Sante Fe to look around and check out this story of the golden box. Turns out it is probably a golden goose according to the locals I talked to over about a weeks time. I figure if there not looking for it why should I be? There much closer to the story and the man behind it. The general response is that its a publicity stunt put on by him to drum up business and book sales so I am told. Of course there were a few that said they didnt know or maybe so but there werent too many of those. And no I didnt go looking for it because it was winter and especially after what the locals said. So good luck to you guys and gals!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry, this clock has perpetual motion, it will never run out.
Now for the blaze. Years back there was a bad fire 'BLAZE' at Yellowstone Park on the west side, at the loop road. Here is a picture of it. Frank...-
View attachment 1022198 This was taken June '06 from the road

Bad fire is understatement, fires of 1988 burned over 1/3 of the park.....I was there in 1987 and then returned in 1989 to see the worst...... Been there several times since... I have been to YS total of 10 times so far in my life...

The Yellowstone fires of 1988 together formed the largest wildfire in the recorded history of Yellowstone National Park in the United States. Starting as many smaller individual fires, the flames quickly spread out of control with increasing winds and drought and combined into one large conflagration, which burned for several months. The fires almost destroyed two major visitor destinations and, on September 8, 1988, the entire park was closed to all non-emergency personnel for the first time in its history. Only the arrival of cool and moist weather in the late autumn brought the fires to an end. A total of 793,880 acres (3,213 km2), or 36 percent of the park was affected by the wildfires.

3a6u6y9a.jpg

ujyrase8.jpg

Last edited:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a special clue hinted by Fenn to make the search in yelllow stone park? In the map he provided it covers a vast area of the Rockys.Just because he used to go to yellowstone park doesnt necessarily mean he has hidden the treasure there. Is it because it is a public land? Again he did not say whether he hid the treasure in a private or public land,,,I guess he left it for us to sort out any hassle associated with the find...I have been making an armchair analysis of the poem...interesting...the key lies on the word BLAZE....

tintin treasure

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Being realistic about it, there are no clues, only a vague poem that could be applied to a million places. There is no actual place stated as the starting point, only vague words to taunt you.
I personally believe there is no cache hidden NOW. Now maybe in the future, just before it is 'FOUND', it may be placed. Hay, just something to think about.

I have searched for many caches, found a few, but I always had a starting point. Frank...-
On The Wing red 500.jpg

The Seekers Society

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fenn's treasure is actually the inspiration for my upcoming project!

I'm starting a real treasure hunting company called "The Seekers Society." We are attempting to get funding via Kickstarter, with our project launching in a week or so. We plan to host incredible nationwide treasure hunts complete with clues, maps, keys, and adventure. Our hope is that Kickstarter pledges will fund the first treasure, an accompanying web site, and app. The funds gathered from the site and app perpetually fund more treasure. There are millions of geocachers in America. Surely some of them would like to search for something incredible :)

Back to Fenn's treasure....

Believe it or not, I just returned from an adventure in search of Fenn's treasure. Unfortunately, on my way home, I realized I was looking about a football field away from where I was meaning to look :( If home wasn't 18 hours away, I'd be there till I found it!

There are many nay-sayers when it comes to Fenn's treasure. It's very easy for an unadventurous and less than creative person to put this aside as a snipe hunt. Don't let this weaken your sense for a voyage. Regardless of finding riches in gold, all outdoor travels will bring you wealth!

If I laid out the description of where I believe the treasure is, and matched up the pieces of the poem to it, everyone on this thread would be traveling tomorrow. I can tell you this, the "start" has to be a real pinpointable place, and in my opinion, it's very blatant if you know a little history. From there the instructions are all very strait forward and fairly easy to follow. In fact, in a less than strait forward way, Forrest responded to an interview question with a major location clue that has always been accepted as only a fact about the treasure hunt.

As much as I'd love to break it down, and have people sing my praises, rather than shoot me the "we've heard it before" or the "then why don't you have the treasure" response, my poem (and clue) decryption is not up for grabs. I have plenty of time and legs left to hunt, but I will offer up some tips for those who are just starting.

*Tips
•Read the books!!! This is vital.
•Put yourself in Fenn's skin. What does he want?
•Don't search for the obvious (ahem Yellowstone)
•Don't look for "codes." The poem is strait up.
•Fenn is deliberate with every word he uses
•Know the poem, find a map, and research areas.
•There's a clue "around" the book. It really helps.
•Lastly, reading the poem using the right process allows for a lot more fact to be revealed. There is no "possibly this" or "maybe here." Find where to start, RESEARCH, and I'm sure you'll end up a football field's length closer than I was.

Let your future be shiny,

-The Great Seeker

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Home of brown could be an old out house:laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fenn's treasure is actually the inspiration for my upcoming project!

I'm starting a real treasure hunting company called "The Seekers Society." We are attempting to get funding via Kickstarter, with our project launching in a week or so. We plan to host incredible nationwide treasure hunts complete with clues, maps, keys, and adventure. Our hope is that Kickstarter pledges will fund the first treasure, an accompanying web site, and app. The funds gathered from the site and app perpetually fund more treasure. There are millions of geocachers in America. Surely some of them would like to search for something incredible :)

Back to Fenn's treasure....

Believe it or not, I just returned from an adventure in search of Fenn's treasure. Unfortunately, on my way home, I realized I was looking about a football field away from where I was meaning to look :( If home wasn't 18 hours away, I'd be there till I found it!

There are many nay-sayers when it comes to Fenn's treasure. It's very easy for an unadventurous and less than creative person to put this aside as a snipe hunt. Don't let this weaken your sense for a voyage. Regardless of finding riches in gold, all outdoor travels will bring you wealth!

If I laid out the description of where I believe the treasure is, and matched up the pieces of the poem to it, everyone on this thread would be traveling tomorrow. I can tell you this, the "start" has to be a real pinpointable place, and in my opinion, it's very blatant if you know a little history. From there the instructions are all very strait forward and fairly easy to follow. In fact, in a less than strait forward way, Forrest responded to an interview question with a major location clue that has always been accepted as only a fact about the treasure hunt.

As much as I'd love to break it down, and have people sing my praises, rather than shoot me the "we've heard it before" or the "then why don't you have the treasure" response, my poem (and clue) decryption is not up for grabs. I have plenty of time and legs left to hunt, but I will offer up some tips for those who are just starting.

*Tips
•Read the books!!! This is vital.
•Put yourself in Fenn's skin. What does he want?
•Don't search for the obvious (ahem Yellowstone)
•Don't look for "codes." The poem is strait up.
•Fenn is deliberate with every word he uses
•Know the poem, find a map, and research areas.
•There's a clue "around" the book. It really helps.
•Lastly, reading the poem using the right process allows for a lot more fact to be revealed. There is no "possibly this" or "maybe here." Find where to start, RESEARCH, and I'm sure you'll end up a football field's length closer than I was.

Let your future be shiny,

-The Great Seeker

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!
Another I understand the 'clues' but I was looking in the wrong place.
And a, I know the 'clues', but I won't tell you what they mean!
Ha,Ha,Ha. Frank...- 111-2 700.jpg

The Seekers Society

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd be surprised :)

Since Forrest is a gambler, I've actually thought about sending him a bet via email that I can name the "2 search parties" and "location" they were in when they were within 500 feet of the treasure.

The only problem is, I don't know what I would bet him... any ideas?

If we can come up with a good bet I'd be happy to share his response :)

-The Great Seeker

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally think the treasure could be in new mexico...I couldnt get a good map to make a good armchair transatlantic analysis from Europe :) ..but from the analysis of the poem and digging some stuff over some of the phrases and words ,I would say my first priority is new mexico ..It could be even in private land dont rule out that possibility as well..but yellowstone could be a second place to check.

tintin_treasure

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd be surprised :)

Since Forrest is a gambler, I've actually thought about sending him a bet via email that I can name the "2 search parties" and "location" they were in when they were within 500 feet of the treasure.

The only problem is, I don't know what I would bet him... any ideas?

If we can come up with a good bet I'd be happy to share his response :)

-The Great Seeker

I don't understand. If you know where it is, just go get it. Am I missing something?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread