Upvote 0

hanoverdigger

Oct 27, 2010
Hanover County, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites MxSport Teknetics T2 SE Nautilus 2 b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were a few battles in that area. The battle of Chester station...Bermuda Run campaign...Drewerys Bluff to name a few. All sorts of activity in that area. Did a lot or relic hunting there. Thing is trying to get permission. Found some nice stuff at Point of Rocks Park years ago but they don't allow metal detecting anymore. Anywhere around there would be worth looking into. The old Bermuda Golf Course was a good spot after it was torn down and houses put up. Heck, even behind the Lowes produced a few confederate buttons before it was built. Lots and lots of good places to hunt down in that area. I may just head down there this weekend!!!

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hanoverdigger said:
There were a few battles in that area. The battle of Chester station...Bermuda Run campaign...Drewerys Bluff to name a few. All sorts of activity in that area. Did a lot or relic hunting there. Thing is trying to get permission. Found some nice stuff at Point of Rocks Park years ago but they don't allow metal detecting anymore. Anywhere around there would be worth looking into. The old Bermuda Golf Course was a good spot after it was torn down and houses put up. Heck, even behind the Lowes produced a few confederate buttons before it was built. Lots and lots of good places to hunt down in that area. I may just head down there this weekend!!!
I found something a little more interesting, a place where cannons were placed and battles took place...On the opposite side of the fort............... :headbang:

hanoverdigger

Oct 27, 2010
Hanover County, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites MxSport Teknetics T2 SE Nautilus 2 b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting down in that area for a few years. There's earthworks visible from the road on Rt.10 just east of 95. I found a 1776 4 reale in there along with some bullets and a few eagle buttons. If you know the area, there's a confederate fort for just off of Ramblewood Rd. No detecting allowed but there's plenty of homes around it with lots of wooded areas if you wanted to seek permission. We hit a spot not too far that gave up lots of bullets and a nice lined "I" confederate button. Anywhere in between 295 and Rt.1 along both sides of Rt.10 and over towards the Appomattox River is great if you can get permission. I could go on and on about that particular area when it comes to relics. Years ago a few relic hunters found the remains of some N.C. soldiers(early 90's i think) in Ware Bottom. It was in the news and they were re-buried in Blandsford Cemetary. Speaking of Blandsford Cemetary, we actually had written permission to hunt in the woods behind it. Lots of friction primers,bullets, shell frags., and buttons and one breastplate. They have since cut out relic hunting because a few idiots decided to cross over to park property. The Crater area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread