Forum noobs first box!

Goldmedalexchange

Aug 31, 2012
St Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I recently stumbled onto the concept of this coin roll hunting and was immediately interested, so I went ahead and ordered me a box from my lifelong banking institution. It came in and I got to checking it out and lo and behold - four '64s and forty three 40%ers.

I'm hooked....

So much so that I'm here on this forum and anxiously awaiting my next box to be ordered.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Goldmedalexchange

Aug 31, 2012
St Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I just started crh for halfs and i got 51 40% and 4 90% today in 4 boxes

Also very nice. I'm jumping in slowly and seeing if I'm in a decent silver location... I think I might have decent luck as I'm withing 25 miles of a FED. So I'm going slow until I can set up my orders and find an effective dump strategy.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm going slow until I can set up my orders and find an effective dump strategy.
Very wise. Getting coin is easy, dumping can be hard. For me it's a 15 mile round-trip to pick-up, a 80 mile round-trip with 6 to 10 bank stops (and $25 in gas) to dump. An "effective dump strategy" is key.

OP
OP
G

Goldmedalexchange

Aug 31, 2012
St Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very wise. Getting coin is easy, dumping can be hard. For me it's a 15 mile round-trip to pick-up, a 80 mile round-trip with 6 to 10 bank stops (and $25 in gas) to dump. An "effective dump strategy" is key.

I already know that dumping large amounts would be easy for me at my current bank, but since they were the ones who ordered and produced my first box that produced 47 silver coins, I want to see if they can be consistent and if they can I'll keep ordering there, but if not, I'll make other banks my order banks and use my personal bank as my dump... It's nice cause my brother used to work there and I've explained exactly what I'm doing and they are cool with me bringing them there as long as its all rolled. I'll see how the next box they order does for me and then decide if I need to open accounts elsewhere in order to dump.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your finds, just to let you guys know, those boxes were excptional boxes there ( not the norm) be prepared for the dreaded skunk streak that we all talk about, it will happen. Getting first orders like that will make you think you've struck a gold mine ( silver) but that is not the norm at all. Good luck in your future ventures with hunting. Maverick.

OP
OP
G

Goldmedalexchange

Aug 31, 2012
St Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds, just to let you guys know, those boxes were excptional boxes there ( not the norm) be prepared for the dreaded skunk streak that we all talk about, it will happen. Getting first orders like that will make you think you've struck a gold mine ( silver) but that is not the norm at all. Good luck in your future ventures with hunting. Maverick.

Understood, I had done a bit of searching on this and other forums about CRH wh lie I was waiting for that first box to arrive and all the negative out there about it being a dead hobby got me a bit less excited, but if nothing else that first box being killer lets me know right off the bat that it's still out there and something worth me doing... I enjoy it and have never before found a hobby that is about active participation... I'm going to have fun with this!!!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Understood, I had done a bit of searching on this and other forums about CRH wh lie I was waiting for that first box to arrive and all the negative out there about it being a dead hobby got me a bit less excited, but if nothing else that first box being killer lets me know right off the bat that it's still out there and something worth me doing... I enjoy it and have never before found a hobby that is about active participation... I'm going to have fun with this!!!

For me, I love this hobby, I can't imagine not searching everyweek. It's very addicting and I'm very addicted, lol, Good luck! Maverick.

OP
OP
G

Goldmedalexchange

Aug 31, 2012
St Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
44_Dimes said:
Wow that is fantastic for your first time.

Lol, after reading these forums for a few days, I was expecting a skunk. So needless to say I was psyched!

OP
OP
G

Goldmedalexchange

Aug 31, 2012
St Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the (4) 64's and (43) 40%ers from my first ever box.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120902_105857.png
    ForumRunner_20120902_105857.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 176

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that is like a dream box! first one too, talk about beginner's luck :) 100+ keepers is a true dream box, but yours isn't too far away! hh
buff

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice my 1st ever search was a bag and i found $650 in silver.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It all depends. Some have searched a million dollars in halves and never hit a dream box, while others have hit a string of them in a week. It all depends, it's hit and miss.

OP
OP
G

Goldmedalexchange

Aug 31, 2012
St Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crhstreetwalker said:
It all depends. Some have searched a million dollars in halves and never hit a dream box, while others have hit a string of them in a week. It all depends, it's hit and miss.

Lol then I hope I'm one of the latter people... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread