Todays hunt and spot discovery

kevo

Mar 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
So today was going to be a simple and fun day, I thought. I was going to go detecting at my grandfathers old farm (still his but unoccupied) but when I got there the weeds were a bit tall and somehow horses got into his farm and had been hanging around the house for some time cuz there was poop everywhere. So I basically just hunted an abandoned house, not too bad of a day I guess. I think the 2nd pic is an old oil lamp maybe??? Can anybody tell me what the 3rd pic is? I have found a few of these and they just don't make sense. Also, the fourth pic...if you look close you can see a headstone in the middle of no where, which also happens to be about 2 miles from my grandfathers. You all think it is worth checking out that field?

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 509
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 513
  • new3what.jpg
    new3what.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 511
  • new4cem.jpg
    new4cem.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's threaded on the inside, it could be a 20's tire valve stem cap. Any writing on it?

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try and find out who owns the land with the headstone.If there was an old cemetary then there may have been an old church near it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marty-Graw said:
looks like a lipstick tube

Yeah.

Whats the Lead object - A Dog?

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
I agree - lipstick tube. Does it open up? Unscrew? As far as the headstone thing, in the old days way out in the country, most farms had family cemeteries.

vicki

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Looks like a lipstick holder to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread