Aug 5, 2006
TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax
IF ANYONE CAN IDENTIFY, PLEASE DO. ;D

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
It's the official medal of the 1896-97 Tennessee Centennial Exposition (minor world's fair), which was held in Nashville, TN, May 1-October 30, 1897. Among the federal exhibits was one by the U.S. Mint, which supplied these medals for the expo. I'm not certain, but I believe that they were actually struck on site. It's listed as #HK 274 in Hibler & Kappen's book, So-called Dollars and retails for about $35 in Very Fine to Extremely Fine condition. For more info about the expo, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Centennial_and_International_Exposition_(1897)

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK said:
It's the official medal of the 1896-97 Tennessee Centennial Exposition (minor world's fair), which was held in Nashville, TN, May 1-October 30, 1897. Among the federal exhibits was one by the U.S. Mint, which supplied these medals for the expo. I'm not certain, but I believe that they were actually struck on site. It's listed as #HK 274 in Hibler & Kappen's book, So-called Dollars. It lists for about $35 in Very Fine to Extremely Fine condition. For more info about the expo, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Centennial_and_International_Exposition_(1897)
PBK strikes again.....and again...and again.....lucky for us all that he knows about lots of......things.

Nice finds Capgun. I think that token/meadl/disk thing is neat. GL with more hunts there.

Laater...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread