Found 2 Proof Halves!

SterlingSilverYT

Nov 24, 2017
Oregon/California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a video of me and my bother coin roll hunting $370 of halves.

IMG_20180526_215721_770.jpg IMG_20180526_215721_769.jpg

Not the craziest find but was my first proof! I thought it would be cool to post a video on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I really want to make a "Best CRH video of all time" joke, but I think I'll abstain.

More power to you, friend!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find them all of the time, don't need to make a video.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found quite a few. It's unfortunate from a collector point of view because once in circulation they aren't proof anymore. People must tear these out of the holders.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I have found quite a few. It's unfortunate from a collector point of view because once in circulation they aren't proof anymore. People must tear these out of the holders.

Actually, the coin being in circulation or not doesn't change the strike. A proof is still a proof. Modern collectors are conditioned to only consider (near) flawless proofs. Proofs have a grading scale the same as business strike coins do. The market for modern proofs is strictly a PF-69 or PF-70 grade. But a collector of older proof coins would be fortunate to ever own a coin that would grade so high. PF-65 and PF-63 are more common with some barely mustering a PF-60 grade.

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds. Though, I sorta wish admins here would limit the people who post here in an effort to get subscribers. This is probably the 5th post like that I've seen. Theres a reason I'm here instead of youtube, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

scottw

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to find proofs, and save every one.
I do realize they are worth face, so I look at them as a 'piggy bank'.
I have been lucky enough to find a hand full of silver proofs along the way.
Those are a different story!

scottw

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SterlingSilverYT

SterlingSilverYT

Nov 24, 2017
Oregon/California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to find proofs, and save every one.
I do realize they are worth face, so I look at them as a 'piggy bank'.
I have been lucky enough to find a hand full of silver proofs along the way.
Those are a different story!

That's cool! I just started coin roll hunting halves (This was my third time and I all ready found 4 silvers) but this was the first time I found a proof, so, I thought it would be cool to post a video. And I did

OP
OP
SterlingSilverYT

SterlingSilverYT

Nov 24, 2017
Oregon/California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Though, I sorta wish admins here would limit the people who post here in an effort to get subscribers. This is probably the 5th post like that I've seen. Theres a reason I'm here instead of youtube, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

I did not post this thread to get subscribers, but to show you guys some of my finds Coin Roll Hunting through this video. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SterlingSilverYT

SterlingSilverYT

Nov 24, 2017
Oregon/California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yah, but there kind of cool to find. Sure there not to valuable but nice to have in the collection!

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Find them all of the time, don't need to make a video.

Does anything positive ever come out of your mouth??…….I mean ever??…..

Do you get the fact that this video is clearly produced by teenagers, maybe even younger?.....just starting in this great hobby and maybe they are a bit excited??…...….and according to your 2018 totals you apparently don't find them "all of the time" …...you must be a real treat to hang out with.....

OP
OP
SterlingSilverYT

SterlingSilverYT

Nov 24, 2017
Oregon/California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you get the fact that this video is clearly produced by teenagers, maybe even younger?.....just starting in this great hobby and maybe they are a bit excited??…...….and according to your 2018 totals you apparently don't find them "all of the time" …...you must be a real treat to hang out with.....

Thank You!

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I did not post this thread to get subscribers, but to show you guys some of my finds Coin Roll Hunting through this video. Thanks!

Wasn't trying to single you out, but be honest, you were. Your post even says "Thanks guys for checking it out, if you guys enjoyed it be sure to subscribe to my channel for more videos every Tuesday!

Hawks88,*gold boy*and*Professor of Engineering*like this.

Check Out my YouTube Channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...e_polymer=true

Let God have the glory!"

So yeah, fishing for subscribers. This isn't youtube. People here already like CRHing... The "best video ever" thing is from the last post along these lines, maybe scroll back and read those comments for better insight as to youtube effects on here. Not trying to be an ass, but maybe for future posts keep in mind your audience here. Best of luck with future hunts!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't trying to single you out, but be honest, you were. Your post even says "Thanks guys for checking it out, if you guys enjoyed it be sure to subscribe to my channel for more videos every Tuesday!

Hawks88,*gold boy*and*Professor of Engineering*like this.

Check Out my YouTube Channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...e_polymer=true

Let God have the glory!"

So yeah, fishing for subscribers. This isn't youtube. People here already like CRHing... The "best video ever" thing is from the last post along these lines, maybe scroll back and read those comments for better insight as to youtube effects on here. Not trying to be an ass, but maybe for future posts keep in mind your audience here. Best of luck with future hunts!

Yeah, kinda blows the ole "just wanted to share my finds" crap right out of the water.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually I am fun to hang out with. Money's been tight (due to two total knee replacements) so not really getting to search much this year. I do say nice things when they are deserved. I don't sugar coat responses because emotions are hard to read inside the written word. Read the post before this and you'll see the truth. Now if you want to get into a pissing contest I'll ask you do you have anything to say at all Mr. .13 posts per day! I've been here a long time giving advice and I'm sorry if I don't tell everyone what they want to hear. It's not my fault people can't handle the truth. The only reason it was made was just another attempt for a person to ask for subscribers. Heck, there's actually a forum on tnet that is specifically for videos. That's where they belong. So I'll tell you what. Just block my posts and you don't need to read my negative responses. I'll do the same for you and everything will be right with the world. Have a good day!

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we are with the whole video topic again. I personal don’t care if you want to make a video to show you’re finds. The line is drawn though when you try to get subscribers because your video is tied into your you tube acct. I can’t even watch this video so I’m now forced to go to you tube to watch. Let’s start putting videos in the right forum so it doesn’t tie up time and conversation in this forum.....

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually I am fun to hang out with. Money's been tight (due to two total knee replacements) so not really getting to search much this year. I do say nice things when they are deserved. I don't sugar coat responses because emotions are hard to read inside the written word. Read the post before this and you'll see the truth. Now if you want to get into a pissing contest I'll ask you do you have anything to say at all Mr. .13 posts per day! I've been here a long time giving advice and I'm sorry if I don't tell everyone what they want to hear. It's not my fault people can't handle the truth. The only reason it was made was just another attempt for a person to ask for subscribers. Heck, there's actually a forum on tnet that is specifically for videos. That's where they belong. So I'll tell you what. Just block my posts and you don't need to read my negative responses. I'll do the same for you and everything will be right with the world. Have a good day!

Oh, c'mon. You've given me two positive posts since I started here, both confirming finds I figured were nothing special. ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions