found 3 oz`s of silver today

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
I found these 2 items totaling 3 oz. or roughly 85 grams. Before we started the clean out of the house I talked to the neighbors and they informed me the lady had died 2 years ago and she had distant family that came down and took over her house, they left when the money ran out. The house was trashed and they "tossed"it before they left. I did find these left behind. My buddy kept everything else, I had other work to do.
The bracelet is Bayanihan .925 and I found the exact same bracelt online for $163 someone is selling. Dont know much about this company except is was started in the Philipines in the early 70`s
The sterling box looks to be a pill box???snuff box??? very heavy and nice. I will research more on it later

IMG_6765.jpg

IMG_6768.jpg

IMG_6766.jpg

IMG_6764.jpg

IMG_6763.jpg

IMG_6762.jpg

OP
OP
centfladigger

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
I found the makers mark and its made by Mauser Manufacturing, says from 1800`s-1903

its a unicorn horse with wings and horn animal looking mark

IMG_6769.jpg

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
Awesome score - were these just found in the junk that the folks left or were they actually put out to the trash when you guys found these?

I sometimes pick up scrap crap I see in back alleys and on two different occasions I have stopped at a huge pile of junk next to the alley where it is apparent the landlord must have just piled all the left-behind belongs of the former tenant out for trash pickup. I have found gold (one a necklace and the other a heavy spinner-type pendant) in the scraps left behind. I sold the spinner for $153.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves. And I say saves because it sounds the trash is where it would/could have ended up.

BTW- Based in Massachusetts, the Bayanihan company was started by Thomas Burns in 1974 after he served in the peace corp in the Philippines and they are no longer in business.

OP
OP
centfladigger

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
diggummup said:
Nice saves. And I say saves because it sounds the trash is where it would/could have ended up.

BTW- Based in Massachusetts, the Bayanihan company was started by Thomas Burns in 1974 after he served in the peace corp in the Philippines and they are no longer in business.

thanks for the info and you are correct on the items. Most of the clean out guys want the big stuff, the tools and lectronics, no smalls they often get overlooked

bdxample, Im outside of Tampa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread