Found $50 bill

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Darn, that would have bought a lot of Big Macs. You did the right thing though. WTG!

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whose bringing a 50 to mcdonalds? lol ;D nice job finding the owner

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just stopped in for an ice cream. It was laying folded, right in the middle of the floor. It looked fake. Me and another guy seen it at the same time while waiting in line. I'm no fool, so I picked it up. I asked if anyone lost any money. I said to ID it and you got it. One guy said he lost a five, no a ten. The girl in front of me dropped it and didnt know it until she looked. She could have said thanks.

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
Good job on returning the 50 dollar bill. Sigh it seems the new generation has no sense of gratefullness or courtesy. What will the world come to when we baby boomers are all gone. :(

kierdan

Jun 26, 2006
Elkton, Maryland
bigcypresshunter said:
I found a $50 bill tonight at McDonalds on the floor, and after determining who lost it, returned it to the girl who dropped it.

Good on ya for doing the right thing!!!!!!!! Wonder if the other guy would have done the same thing?

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Didnt even thank you? Man, Id've at least payed for whatever you were going to buy............should've given it to me BCH. You would've gotten a happy meal out of the deal! Even if she didnt appreciate it, you did the right thing! ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, BC.....you did the right thing! And she didn't! :-\

Nana :)

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Nice job BCH. That was the right thing to do, even though the ungrateful little b***h did'nt think so. I know, you were probably having second thoughts about it. When I find money like that I have second thoughts only because of the ungrateful attitude of those who lost it.

You did the right thing and you will be rewarded down the line.

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
You found a 50, returned it, and no one thanked you. You are GURANTEED to find a 100 soon!

-CC

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Good job, BCH! I found a cellphone at a rest stop in Ohio last week, walked down to where a family was picnicking to see if it was theirs. It was, but no "Thank You" from them, either. I guess manners aren't taught in some families. Oh, well. You'll get a better reward soon!

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I can describe the girl that dropped it and didn't thank you do I get anything? I bet you I can... and I ain't psychic. Sorry, I'll shut up now. (Did she look like she might have been related to the cell phone family?) ;)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
WTG for getting it back to her.
Most people wouldn't have and that counts for something.
Hope you are paid back with an awesome dig of gold soon!

Smiles!
BDoo

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) What comes around goes around. :) Doing the right thing always feels good.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
CHKNHAK said:
Nice job BCH. That was the right thing to do, even though the ungrateful little b***h did'nt think so. I know, you were probably having second thoughts about it. When I find money like that I have second thoughts only because of the ungrateful attitude of those who lost it.

You did the right thing and you will be rewarded down the line.
Yea, I could have bought a pinpointer. ;) ;)What was I thinking. :D :D I just reacted. If only she had said thanks, it woulda been worth it.

Just like the bankcard I found last week on my front lawn. She dropped it at night picking up an item from my bulk trash. I looked the name up in the phone book and called her. She didnt say thanks either. She said: "Oh, I canceled it anyway."

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well, ya'll let me know if you find anything my kids lost and returned it to them.....if I find out they did not so appreciation for a kindness, I'll tan their hides......I don't care hold old they are!!!!!!!!!!

Great job Bigcypress....you did good. For every ungrateful, evil, mean and mannerless person out there, there are 9 with the opposite qualities that rebuild your faith in human kindness and proper manners!!!!

HH.........Ann

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread