Found a bottle of 2$ bills

image-2391652288.jpg

Upvote 7

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Nice! How many total? I have a few 2s save up. When I worked at a Auction Hall in HS the guy use to tip us for loading his truck in $2 bills all the time.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get it ?? Your post says "found a bottle of $2 bills..." You show a picture of one $2 bill.... We want to see it all, the bottle and the rest of the bills !! :icon_thumleft:
Sounds like an exciting find, details please !!
Unless I'm missing some kind of hidden meaning...??
Keep @ it and HH !!

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't get it ?? Your post says "found a bottle of $2 bills..." You show a picture of one $2 bill.... We want to see it all, the bottle and the rest of the bills !! :icon_thumleft:
Sounds like an exciting find, details please !!
Unless I'm missing some kind of hidden meaning...??
Keep @ it and HH !!

My thoughts exactly!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If all your $2s look like the one you posted then they are Legal Tender Notes from the Series of 1953 to 1953-C .........or.....Series of 1963 and 1963-A.
The rarest/most valuable are the 'star' notes from the three 1953 series (A, B and C notes).
Great find !!
Don...

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great find! Congrats and HH!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a mason jar it was In and there's alot of bills but I have not counted yet

there is no sense rushing out to the truck to count a mason jar full of 2 dollar bills , you'll get around to it when time allows because patience is a virtue . Nice find

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How and what kind of area did you find the jar of money? I don't know about any one else but I would have been up all night until I counted them and checked them all out see what I had then had another cup of coffee and looked at them some more! I don't think your full of it but you have more patients then I will ever have when it comes to something like that.

Scouts out!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How and what kind of area did you find the jar of money? I don't know about any one else but I would have been up all night until I counted them and checked them all out see what I had then had another cup of coffee and looked at them some more! I don't think your full of it but you have more patients then I will ever have when it comes to something like that.

Scouts out!

:thumbsup:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
And if any of those $2s had the red seal on the left side, they'd be from the Series of 1928 to 1928-G and worth some REALLY big bucks. (How about $15k for the 28-B star note-- in just average condition !!). You're right 'recondigger', I couldn't look at one bill and not at the others--like eating just one potato chip.
Don....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread