jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to go out for a quick hunt in of all places, my front yard. Now to set the scene for you, my front yard is the size of a postage stamp (sarcasm). But as I SLOWLY swung the coil of my fairly new Garrett Ace 350, I picked up what showed as a faint nickel signal. Dug down about 8 inches, broke out the pro pointer and kept getting a hit and miss signal. Couldn't find it right away. Of course it could have a lot to do with the fact that I was looking for a NICKEL or at least a NICKEL sized object. When I finally found the object, I noticed it was heart shaped. I at first thought, finally, my first jewelry find, but as I cleaned it, I noticed it had a design on it. Little did I know that it was a Buffalo Nickel that someone hard carved into a heart. I've never seen anything like this, and this is by far my best find to date. I'm counting it as my first buffalo nickel find and my first jewelry find lol.
photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

I also found this little button, my fist button find as well. I'm not sure how old it is, but I thought it was pretty cool. If anyone has any idea to what around how old this button may be, please give your opinion. Also, the buffalo nickel is carved so much that the date has been removed, but I'm fine with that, lol. Here's a couple of pictures of the button...
photo 3.jpg photo 4.jpg

Upvote 18

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Looks like it was worn on a sting too.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
outstanding. awesome. amazing. unique. fantastic. etc..

OP
OP
J

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the interest guys. I'm going to hit my yard again once the weather breaks to see what else I may have missed.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man! Finding and Buffalo nickle is one thing, but this one makes your find, very special!
I found my first Buffalo nickel today, too! It was a good day! eh?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread