Found a DOLLAR laying on top of the ground......Who else has done this??

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:4leafclover:Hope everyone has had a chance to get out this Easter weekend for a little detecting.....I had my chance yesterday and went to a grade school in SW Georgia and a short hunt at a middle school soccer field. Found $6.16 face value, all clad, 11 quarters, 21 dimes, 31 cents(including 1 wheat cent) and a folded $1 bill laying on top of the ground at the soccer field on my last stop. Always a surprise to find currency while metal detecting, but does happen for me almost every year at some point. Have you had a visual surface find of currency lately or even buried with some coins? :icon_scratch:.....and if so, please post a picture if you have it....Thanks.

003.JPG
click on picture to enlarge

HH
Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 10

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walk the local mall all winter long. In addition to about $30 in coinage found, this year on two occasions I found very crumpled five dollar bills. Both times I had to look really hard at the "piece of paper" on the floor to realize it was money. These weren't my best cash finds at this mall though, in 2009 walking this same mall I found a tightly folded $100 bill.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20141021_140532.jpg This past Oct, after a less than stellar hunt, I found a $50 bill just laying on the beach while I was on my way back to the car.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2257.JPG Sure have. This was a year or two ago. Was digging a coin by a park bench and saw it flopping around in the grass. ;)

chasu

Jul 9, 2007
South Georgia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT pro and XP Deus
Hi Colonel,
i found 7 or $8 in a parking lot of a school I was detecting. Evidently someone had gathered there after hours. I say this because the cash was by a McDonald's bag and trash. Found 38.42 in clad in about 10 hours of detecting over 3 days this weekend. Happy hunting and good luck.
charlie

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found $150.00 folded in half a few years back. It was on the ground, in-between two cars parked on the street, in-front of a cafe. I picked it up, walked into the cafe, got my to go lunch and sat in my car watching for the owner to come back looking for it. When no-one did and the two parked cars left. I figured it was mine to keep.

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Found a $100 bill under a bar stool. I was helping my brother pack up his stuff after DJing and all patrons had left so ka-ching!

While driving near a strip mall, I saw a $10 bill blown up against some bushes.

When my brother and I were much younger, someone had stolen his bike. While biking around looking for it, I found $267 in cash and another $300+ in checks blowing around behind the local HS. Some of the students there were watching me frantically stuffing the windfall into my pockets and yelled out to me to ask what I was doing. Of course I said "Nothing!" and hurried on home.

Later that evening my parents found out what happened and we traced down the owner (by the name on the checks) and returned everything.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool Bill good grab!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG IF THAT AINT A BUNCH OF CASH AND CHANGE ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread