Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Upvote 0

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
Fropa said:
I went to a new town today and stopped at 3 banks. First one had none. The second had $90 in bank rolls. the third had $40 in Fed rolls. I found 1x65, 4x67, and 1x68-D. Nothing spectacular but better than all the skunk boxes I've been getting. I think there are at least 1 or 2 more banks in the town so I'll be going back soon.
Still some keepers. I guess the driving around, stopping from bank to bank and trying to calculate the gas usage and the reward sometimes weighs heavy. I've done some bank hopping here and there. A few good, some skunks. You didn't do to bad. I think for this area where I live boxes are still the best way to go. I went through a time when I wanted to quite the boxes. Then things picked up. You never know.......

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Rosco Bookbinder said:
Fropa said:
I went to a new town today and stopped at 3 banks. First one had none. The second had $90 in bank rolls. the third had $40 in Fed rolls. I found 1x65, 4x67, and 1x68-D. Nothing spectacular but better than all the skunk boxes I've been getting. I think there are at least 1 or 2 more banks in the town so I'll be going back soon.
Still some keepers. I guess the driving around, stopping from bank to bank and trying to calculate the gas usage and the reward sometimes weighs heavy. I've done some bank hopping here and there. A few good, some skunks. You didn't do to bad. I think for this area where I live boxes are still the best way to go. I went through a time when I wanted to quite the boxes. Then things picked up. You never know.......

It's a good idea to check out banks if you are in the area anyway for another reason - that way gas cost can be "charged off" as grocery store trip expense. Better yet - if you have to hit the road for your job - you get reimbursed by "the man"!
It's tough to justify a CRH trip based on a potential score - but it is a hobby and it does pay!
Good score on the halves!

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks Rosco and TXTim. It does help if your already going to make the drive anyway. I have taken a couple of long trips just to CRH and the return didn't make up for the gas used. I look at it as the hobby helping me see areas I might not have visited without wanting to check for halves. You never know what your going to see or who your going to meet. Unfortunately my job doesn't have a travel aspect so it's all on my dime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread