Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Aguanga
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Guys!
This has nothing to do with metal detecting this time.
My husband was digging a trench last night and found a gold plated lizard (about 6 inches long) deep in the ground.
I know it's gold plated because of the Puritest Solutions kit he gave me for Christmas and it came out positive.

It's about 6-8 ozs... so it's pretty heavy. I haven't weighed it properly yet.

I'm trying to find out if any of you might know if it's worth anything or if it's part of any kind of collection. It's feet have holes in them, it looks like it used to be on some kind of mount/pedastal.

Thanks guys!
Captain Catie :noteworthy:

Screen Shot 2014-02-24 at 9.44.19 AM.png

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find! I'd hit that area real good with the detector. Are you in Fallbrook, Ca?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

captaincatie

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Aguanga
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find! I'd hit that area real good with the detector. Are you in Fallbrook, Ca?

Yes, I'm in fallbrook, CA :)

I'll be soon moving to Aguanga, so I'm pretty excited to started doing some treasure finding out there!

I hit the area with my detector some more and it seemed to be going back and forth from the ring/bottlecap/coin to the 25 cents button like CRAZY. It's too dark outside to start digging but now I know what I'll be doing first thing tomorrow!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I'm in fallbrook, CA :) I'll be soon moving to Aguanga, so I'm pretty excited to started doing some treasure finding out there! I hit the area with my detector some more and it seemed to be going back and forth from the ring/bottlecap/coin to the 25 cents button like CRAZY. It's too dark outside to start digging but now I know what I'll be doing first thing tomorrow!
Good luck neighbor! Let us know what you find.

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No clue, but that is such a cool find.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions