found a great future site (thanks for the tips all)

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
hi just to say I have finally found the perfect site for me and guess what its less than a mile away reading though the posts various members have advised research research and more research and Also a machine that could handle hot rocks black sand. Apparently the location was a popular hoilday resort from 1824 though to around 1950.
I began by finding photos of around 1900 and now. Asking around i found out its role during wwI wwII local knowledge was given freely with myself having to tear myself away after using nurmerous cheap md's around it it soon became apparent that an upgrade was needed this iam hoping to do early next week. Local legend say the caves where once in use for smuggling the beach in currently going though something of a come back. This post is just to say thanks to all the great advice I have been given and the next post I do will be of a great find /finds this Iam sure of and yes I finally figured it out a more expensive machine is an investment since i started this great hobbie roughly six weeks ago I have had three cheap machines they did what they did got the fire lit met a lot of people found saw more of natures beatiful scenery than I had in the ten years before and found something that i didnt even know I'd lost the power of an open mind. For instance confronted by a gang of about 5 teenagers I thought here we go it turns out they where only curious. Sure theres been the bad days cold/wet nothing to show kinda days. But iam now at the stage where iam about to plan a project with ariel maps/reshearch/overlayed mapping gps not to mention the right tools. Where as before I would get my md run out hope to get great finds. One thing remains the same the sense of adventure only this time its planned for me its not about the financial rewards nice though they are but the sense I hold some in my hands that no one else has for a considerable amount of time, so till my next post I wish you all the very best of luck

stike it rich

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
Awesome! research is the key, and I hope you find a ton of good stuff!!!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Looking forward to the pictures of all the great stuff!

Sounds like your fairly excited about the possibilities and that's what it's all about - the adventure.

Of course - I think research is half the fun!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
strike it rich said:
found something that i didnt even know I'd lost the power of an open mind.

well, how cool is that ??? 8) 8)

Sounds like you're good to go!
Good luck and keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread