Found a great site!

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I live about a block from this park. Now that all of the kids sports are over for the season, I can throughly hunt it. I have noticed some funnythings about this park over the summer ( first sumer my kids played sports there) The first being that the name of it is "Triangle Park" because it is square, second that there is a funny looking building there, and third that there is a row of trees that are in an odd location. My son & I were there Wednesday after I got home from work, flying his R/C plane. As he was flying the plane, I was just standingthere looking around, and thinking it was odd how the road at the other end just dead ended in the parking lot, and BAM!! it all made sense! It appeared that that road & sidewalk use to run diagnally through the park ( which wold have made 2 triangles) and the odly placed row of trees ran alongside the sidewalk. There are 2 exsisting baseball diamonds where the funny looking nuilding is at.
Saturday we went to the museum in town, and after what seemed like hours, I spotted a picture of where the old high school use to be ( The middle school on the site now was built in 1962) Sure enough, there use to be a road & sidewalk that ran through the park, and the funny looking building was the game officials/score keepers box office & concession stand.
Today I went and did some detecting for about 2 hours . I wish I had stayed longer (darn wives & cell phones!) I did great there! I ended up with a horse shoe, a pocket knife (very similar to one I found a few weeks ago) a little spoon, a cheap heart bracelett, a cheap lockett, a key, and play money,and a pile of clad ( I'm starting to hate zinc pennies) 4 silver quarters, 3 mercury dimes, 3 silver roosevelt dimes, and 6 wheat pennies.
I have only searched a small section because I was digging most targets ( I can't seem to pass up pull tabs sense I found that gold & ruby ring) It is a good sized area, so I will have a good hunting spot very close to home. I plan on hunting it next weekend as well.

Paul

Attachments

• PICT0108 copy.jpg
    PICT0108 copy.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 741
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
forgot the other pics...............

Attachments

• PICT0109.jpg
    PICT0109.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 748
  • PICT0110.jpg
    PICT0110.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 737
  • PICT0112.jpg
    PICT0112.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 738

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is WOW. 10 silver coins in 2 hrs., plus a huge heap of clad. What a site indeed! How deep were most of those silver coins? Looking forward to see what else you get at the park. HH

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Paul on a nice haul and a nice site ! Keep up the good work !

Huntin' 59er

W

whites6000inPa

Nice site indeed......and with that many silver quarters present...a half or 2 is not beyond possibility.

Wyatt

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
A half dollar would be great!!! I have yet to find one, even a clad one, I imagine they are not very common. I am lucky to live in an area where I don't think many detectorist live.

Paul

W

whites6000inPa

Half dollars actually used to circulate....but not anymore. Your odds of finding a silver half are actually greater than finding a clad one....and it looks to me like you're in the right spot. I actually had become quite distrustful of half dollar signals.....until I starting htting walkers earlier this month. Keep looking there....and especially at the edges.

Wyatt

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Isn't it exciting...to find a honey hole a block away!! Yes, let the good times roll.

I imagine you'll be posting more often now. ;)

You really did make a nice haul. Keep it all together and when your done with that site do a picture. I imagine it will be quite impressive.

Good luck.

Bob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just awesome Paul!!! :o

What a spot to find!

Great finds and thanks for the pics too!!

Nana ;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow! Very nice haul,,, WTG!!!
I love it when you can find old pictures of a place, always a plus...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Z

ZumbroKid

This is the second time you have forgotten the learnig curve of you new machine. You need to reread the manual! Just kidding! Nice finds.

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow! I went to that middle school when it was Pioneer Jr. High School! I think the old High School now has apartments on it (my brothers and a sister went there). When I went to the Jr. High that was the actual triangle park and we had PE there. Oh man, I would love to metal detect at my old elementary (it has been on the same site for a very long time). Thanks for sharing, Paul.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding Silver is big and I would bet that their is Plenty more....Keep on Digging!!!!! John

Whitewings

Nov 23, 2005
Great site, I am new at this and havent even bought my metal detecter yet (still doing research) I live in Port Angeles and was curious if you had ever worked this area or if anyone else has? Any recomendations on a first machine?

Bill W.

[email protected]

W

whites6000inPa

Hey Paul........I wanted to pass along something I just had happen to me. This half dollar was on edge...about 6 inches down. My 6000 would correctly ID it in one direction only....and when passing the coil back the other way....it would sometimes go to as low as "foil".....it was iffy. It's my 5th silver half in this little town...all in November. You can see it in another thread...."bummed about a silver half".

I'm confident that with the quarters there that you found...and considering their age....there are probably a couple half dollars patiently waiting for you to recognize the signals and dig them. I had detected the spot where I found this one this morning....a half a dozen times, and it's a very small yard....maybe 30 feet square.

Wyatt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread