Found a great site!

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I live about a block from this park. Now that all of the kids sports are over for the season, I can throughly hunt it. I have noticed some funnythings about this park over the summer ( first sumer my kids played sports there) The first being that the name of it is "Triangle Park" because it is square, second that there is a funny looking building there, and third that there is a row of trees that are in an odd location. My son & I were there Wednesday after I got home from work, flying his R/C plane. As he was flying the plane, I was just standingthere looking around, and thinking it was odd how the road at the other end just dead ended in the parking lot, and BAM!! it all made sense! It appeared that that road & sidewalk use to run diagnally through the park ( which wold have made 2 triangles) and the odly placed row of trees ran alongside the sidewalk. There are 2 exsisting baseball diamonds where the funny looking nuilding is at.
Saturday we went to the museum in town, and after what seemed like hours, I spotted a picture of where the old high school use to be ( The middle school on the site now was built in 1962) Sure enough, there use to be a road & sidewalk that ran through the park, and the funny looking building was the game officials/score keepers box office & concession stand.
Today I went and did some detecting for about 2 hours . I wish I had stayed longer (darn wives & cell phones!) I did great there! I ended up with a horse shoe, a pocket knife (very similar to one I found a few weeks ago) a little spoon, a cheap heart bracelett, a cheap lockett, a key, and play money,and a pile of clad ( I'm starting to hate zinc pennies) 4 silver quarters, 3 mercury dimes, 3 silver roosevelt dimes, and 6 wheat pennies.
I have only searched a small section because I was digging most targets ( I can't seem to pass up pull tabs sense I found that gold & ruby ring) It is a good sized area, so I will have a good hunting spot very close to home. I plan on hunting it next weekend as well.

Paul

Attachments

• PICT0108 copy.jpg
    PICT0108 copy.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 742
Upvote 0
F

fishercz20

Looked at your 3rd pic and it looks beautiful in the background. Must be nice!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
great eye spotting those trees and putting it all together! awesome finds too! i agree with fishercz20,the scenery around there is gorgeous. we dont have mountains here in delaware.

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
I'm looking forward to sometime detecting some baseball, soccer, and football fields around here...under the bleachers, etc. Good finds, silver's always nice! :)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SALUTES...... :o

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
WTG Paul...Any day you pull that many silvers out, wow!!! Thanks for sharing your thought processes with us. That's the part I'm really addicted to. The feeling of it all coming together in your mind after you've sensed that something wasn't planned the way it is in the present. Then proving your theory with some tangible evidence in the form of some great finds. Great sleuthing! I don't know how long you've been at this but you're a natural. Congratulations~CO2 ;D

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent job/finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Wow, seems like you found a really great site. Don't believe I ever found 10 silvers in one outting. There must be plenty of silver still in the ground. Good luck...

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!!! Great job on the research!!!

M

mchamby

Great finds and great deduction skills, hope you find gold. :)
Mchamby

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Welcome back! How was the trip? I will be in Goldendale again on tuesday (weather pending) I had a chamce to check out the town a little the day you called and saw a coulpe of promising looking lots where houses use to be in town.

Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread