Found a nice one last week

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Found this one last week in a midden pile by the river. It has a funny curve to it. The other points were found earlier in other camps. All personal finds. Happy Hunting !
2-04-2012 009tnet.JPG
2-04-2012 008tnet.JPG
2-04-2012 007tnet.JPG
2-04-2012 002tnet.JPG

Upvote 0

musky44

Jan 29, 2010
west viginia
nice finds kris. always enjoy checking out those tx. finds. just out of curiosity, do u know about what time period those are from?

OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
musky44 said:
nice finds kris. always enjoy checking out those tx. finds. just out of curiosity, do u know about what time period those are from?
Hey Musky, These are early and mid Archaic. Between 2 and 5 Thousand years old. I like this age the best for artifact hunting. The points are abundant and the work is still fine. Looking for Paleo is fun but tidias. Finding somthing whole made by one of the first inhabitants is really rare, but can be very satisfying if your successful. Locating artifacts in the early to mid Arch period is a lot easier. Whole ones are found all the time. The newer stuff does not interest me as much either. Birdies are cool, but I'd rather have a good old fashioned Pedernales in my pocket. Take care. Kris

flintmel

Feb 3, 2012
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gotta love that texas flint, some of it reminds me of english gun flint. You have to use polarized glasses to see the ones in the water?++++++

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Krisrock said:
musky44 said:
Hey Musky, These are early and mid Archaic. Between 2 and 5 Thousand years old. I like this age the best for artifact hunting. The points are abundant and the work is still fine. Looking for Paleo is fun but tidias. Finding somthing whole made by one of the first inhabitants is really rare, but can be very satisfying if your successful. Locating artifacts in the early to mid Arch period is a lot easier. Whole ones are found all the time. The newer stuff does not interest me as much either. Birdies are cool, but I'd rather have a good old fashioned Pedernales in my pocket. Take care. Kris

Kris, great looking finds. I'm not trying to dispute on the age of your pieces, but in my area 2000 year old pieces fall into the Middle Woodland period. 10,500 to 7,000 year old pieces would be Early to Middle Archaic. That would equate to 8,500 to 5,000 BC.

OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Ya Caught me Reaper !!! Misstating me artifact facts ... You are right :notworthy: I thought about it after I posted it and then read it a day later... but these posts head down to oblivion so fast I didn't figure I'd say anything unless someone else caught and brought it to the surface. I think the one on the left is a Zephir the yougest about 2000 years woodland. The square base next to it from last week is twice as old or older, maybe 5000 years, mid to late archaic. I don't think anything there is early archaic. Maybe you can help me with the I.D. on the rest. The zephir is the only one I'm pretty sure on. Thanks for the correction. :thumbsup: Kris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread