Found a nice ring yesterday!!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hello, everyone!!! I had to get out and do some detecting yesterday, so i went to some property I own that is up the street from me, it is two large lots that used to have a pair of houses both built in 1909, both houses are gone, (my father bought one of the houses in 1977 and had it moved down the street, it's the house I grew up in) and the other house was torn down in 2001. There was quite a bit of fill put on the lots then, that was the same year we bought the lots. anyway, I go there and really take my time and I can pick up good signals from under the clay layer which is about 4-6 inches deep.
well yesterday I was hitting a spot that produced a silver Quarter about three weeks ago and got another solid quarter signal, I dig a nice big plug (EFF-IT!! it's my land!!!) and out pops this ring! I know it's just silver with pink tourmaline but it also has four small diamonds, and yes they are real. I have a good friend with a tester, and they tested good. anyway, this is probably the prettiest ring I have ever found so far!! the stones are really nice and have real nice sparkle to them. and as a side note this ring came from the area of the lots that would have been the original yard of the house I grew up in

Attachments

• MVC-088F.JPG
    MVC-088F.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,164
  • MVC-090F.JPG
    MVC-090F.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,153
  • MVC-091F.JPG
    MVC-091F.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,155
Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking ring.

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Really nice ring. Just think. All that time you was playing on top of it. It's been saying to you. Tag your it, now find me.
HH
Knightwalker

OP
OP
tommyboy72

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hi, I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great comments and well wishes, I really love detecting and I hope to improve my skills and top all my goals I had for this year. I challenged myself to find 50 silver coins this year, and as of right now I'm at 47 silver coins I have a week left so I'm going to hit it hard after all the rain stops here and try to find the last three I need to meet my goal. I know this is just a silver ring but it is the nicest looking ring I have found so far since I have started detecting. I found some gold this year, I found a few silver rings, zI found an old Colt Pistol, several old watch fobs, about 300-500 Wheat Pennies, 5 indian head pennies, 4 Buffalo nickels, 4 or 5 "V" Nickels, and like I said, 47 silver coins, Dimes, War Nickels, quarters, and one Walking liberty half. I am going to get everything together and take some pics of all my good finds and post them on the last day of this year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

desert dog

Oct 27, 2009
kingman az
Detector(s) used
new coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME RING

Attachments

• others-123.gif
    others-123.gif
    10 KB · Views: 695
  • ok-wink.gif
    ok-wink.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 697
  • respect-055.gif
    respect-055.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 699
  • others-123.gif
    others-123.gif
    10 KB · Views: 696
  • ok-wink.gif
    ok-wink.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 688

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ring :icon_thumleft:.... MR TUFF

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, it's been a long time since i have found a ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread