found a ring today markings not familiar with

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i found a ring today on the groung round seni shinny has gay pride colors in stones set into the band it isnt heavt but it aint light the only markings on the band are on the inside it reads 316L what do these markings mean? please let me know i am curious . thanks olepossum

Upvote 0

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
olepossum said:
i found a ring today on the groung round seni shinny has gay pride colors in stones set into the band it isnt heavt but it aint light the only markings on the band are on the inside it reads 316L what do these markings mean? please let me know i am curious . thanks olepossum

Marking of Stainless Steel and very common.

Congrats on the ring find, Nova Treasure

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
First time I saw the 316L marking I was 8' deep in the lake..... it was on the first ring I found while using my Hookah Dive system... I was so hoping that meant some sort of European gold or platinum..... but alas I quickly found, as you have, that it was common stainless steel... I think mine was sold new for like 8 bucks ..... but hey a ring is a ring.. all rings are fun to find

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
thanks pleebah but i like my wife she is my best find ever besides my two lovely children daughter 10 and son 7

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
are you sure it's gay pride and not maybe a mothers day ring. just curious

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread