Found a sacajawea dollar with new to me detector!

tdec1000

Jul 1, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX 550 w/ 4" coil and Garrett Ace 250
Today I found a 2001 D Sac Dollar with my new detector and a neat little ring. My wife had a doctors appointment so me and my 2 yr old went to the tot lots at the base. He immediately went to play on the slide and I went around trying out my new to me Garrett GTAX 550 w/4in coil. I found 3 clad quarters and the Dollar. Then on the way to the doctors to pick my wife up I stopped at a friends house who has been itchin to see my new MD. We went the front door of his base house and I found an old antique ring that his daughter had lost 2 yrs ago. It had a really neat blue stone in it. He said i could have it because she was careless and lost it but I told him to give it back to her because she lost it when she was 7 yrs old. I don't think its was worth all that much anyways but it was my first ring find. Sorry no pics because I spent the dollar coin at the thrift store on some old Air Force patches 3 for a 1.00 funny how life works. Tom

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tdec1000 said:
Today I found a 2001 D Sac Dollar with my new detector and a neat little ring. My wife had a doctors appointment so me and my 2 yr old went to the tot lots at the base. He immediately went to play on the slide and I went around trying out my new to me Garrett GTAX 550 w/4in coil. I found 3 clad quarters and the Dollar. Then on the way to the doctors to pick my wife up I stopped at a friends house who has been itchin to see my new MD. We went the front door of his base house and I found an old antique ring that his daughter had lost 2 yrs ago. It had a really neat blue stone in it. He said i could have it because she was careless and lost it but I told him to give it back to her because she lost it when she was 7 yrs old. I don't think its was worth all that much anyways but it was my first ring find. Sorry no pics because I spent the dollar coin at the thrift store on some old Air Force patches 3 for a 1.00 funny how life works. Tom

Well done, what a good thing to do with your first ring. Returning stuff is priceless. I helped find a wedding ring for a bloke the day before his anniversary. No reward needed but he instisted on £10. I would do it free everytime.

Your soon find some you can keep.

OP
OP
tdec1000

tdec1000

Jul 1, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX 550 w/ 4" coil and Garrett Ace 250
Thanks, I believe that the young girl which happens to be my daughters best friend got into a little bit of trouble over losing that ring. The funny thing was that they thought they lost it in the back yard. I was only there for 2 minutes when I found it. I was just showing off the machine to my buddy mike.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tdec1000 said:
Thanks, I believe that the young girl which happens to be my daughters best friend got into a little bit of trouble over losing that ring. The funny thing was that they thought they lost it in the back yard. I was only there for 2 minutes when I found it. I was just showing off the machine to my buddy mike.

I said it would take 2 minutes to find his ring, it took me 30 seconds :D (thats £20/minute or $250/hour) ::) Nice work when you can get it (just kidding)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions