🥇 BANNER Found an awesome coin spill today

U

umrgolf

Found an awesome coin spill today (Video added)

(I've posted close-ups of all the coins in reply 65 per hogge's request. Turns out, the 1843 has a die crack on the reverse known as the "Lightning Bolt")

I was gonna wait to post this til tomorrow because I haven't even started putting the video together yet :laughing7: Anyway, today I returned to the site where I found the CS tongue and continued my search for the wreath, and certainly didn't expect this.

I was in a little corner about 70 yards from the spot where the CS buckle came from and my first target was the brass ring seen in the first photo. The next signal, about 2 feet away, was bouncing around like a bullet. I dug down about 7 inches and was surprised to see a nice 1857 seated dime come out of the bottom. So I got back up and starting scanning the immediate area and 5 feet away, BAM a signal banging on 88!! Before digging it, I scanned a little more to satisfy my curiousity and BAM, another signal hitting around 88!! So I dug that second signal first and at around 7 inches (again) it turned out to be a dateless Carolus IIII 2 reales. I went back to the previous signal and dug it out, also at 7 inches, and it was the 1856-O half dollar. So after all the excitement of the first three coins, I scanned the small area once more to find no more obvious signals and began expanding outwards. About 15 feet from the half dollar signal I got a very weak bullet-like signal very similar to the first dime. I dug it out at yet again 7 inches and it turned out to be an 1858 halfdime. Another three feet from that signal, BAM another high 80's signal at 7 inches that turned out to be the 1843 quarter. And last but not least, I went back over to the area where I found the first three and got a very IRONY blip and found the last coin, an 1857 quarter at about a foot deep.

If you did read the last sentence, it gives me very good reason to believe there are more coins to be found at this spot. Thanks for looking.

-Jeff

Sorry this video took so long! I tried to upload it to youtube twice yesterday and finally got it on round 3 :laughing9:

1858 halfdime
1857 dime
1843 quarter
1857 quarter
dateless Carolus IIII 2 reales
1856-O half dollar

Attachments

• IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_1014.JPG
    IMG_1014.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_1013.JPG
    IMG_1013.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_1015.JPG
    IMG_1015.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:
Upvote 31

CTX Tom

Jul 5, 2012
Upstate,NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Teknetics 2 SE
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy Cow what a hunt!Detectorists dream hunt.3 of those coins are on my wish list! awesome,congrats on your finds.

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's amazing! Congrats on an excellent find!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now there is your Banner coin spill ! Great Find ! Still think the first one was ?

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Now there is your Banner coin spill ! Great Find ! Still think the first one was ?

Its all good, we're all entitled to our own opinions.. It was prob a little weak for banner, but thats the way the cookie crumbled.

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all been said already so I'll just say congratulations on an incredible find(s). Each one of those is high on my wish list for coins! I think I would have soiled my undies if I'd found those........definitely would have had a huge smile on my face on the way home.....even if I'd been sitting in soiled undies...lol. Congrats and happy hunting. You've been doing very well this year, I'm a tad bit jealous.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet finds--nicely done!

All the best,

Lanny

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet finds , if you don't mind general area in misery you hunting? ,,,, happy dance happy dance

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. It was prob a little weak for banner, but thats the way the cookie crumbled.
nothin' wrong with them cookies , quantities of Seated silvers just don't happen without research , skill , work and just plain ol' self motivation .. in other words ..

you earned that Banner Congrats !!

loobosh

Apr 21, 2009
Chicago
Detector(s) used
cz-7, explorer se
Great job best video I have seen in a long time with coins with that kind of age keep it up that field has more to offer.

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
wow that is sweet man were gonna have to get together and hunt soon im dieing to go out with someone else since my hunting partner with back driving over the road

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! best I ever found was a seated dime and V nickel in the same hole. Wow that's what detector dreams are made of!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to your youtube page?

MNcoinhunter

Nov 19, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-5, 6" Excelerator EQ2, SEF 10X12.
Garrett AT Pro, 8X11 DD & 5X8 DD,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds ! Congratulations !!

trol

Greenie
Aug 24, 2012
umrgolf said:
(I've posted close-ups of all the coins in reply 65 per hogge's request. Turns out, the 1843 has a die crack on the reverse known as the "Lightning Bolt")

I was gonna wait to post this til tomorrow because I haven't even started putting the video together yet :laughing7: Anyway, today I returned to the site where I found the CS tongue and continued my search for the wreath, and certainly didn't expect this.

I was in a little corner about 70 yards from the spot where the CS buckle came from and my first target was the brass ring seen in the first photo. The next signal, about 2 feet away, was bouncing around like a bullet. I dug down about 7 inches and was surprised to see a nice 1857 seated dime come out of the bottom. So I got back up and starting scanning the immediate area and 5 feet away, BAM a signal banging on 88!! Before digging it, I scanned a little more to satisfy my curiousity and BAM, another signal hitting around 88!! So I dug that second signal first and at around 7 inches (again) it turned out to be a dateless Carolus IIII 2 reales. I went back to the previous signal and dug it out, also at 7 inches, and it was the 1856-O half dollar. So after all the excitement of the first three coins, I scanned the small area once more to find no more obvious signals and began expanding outwards. About 15 feet from the half dollar signal I got a very weak bullet-like signal very similar to the first dime. I dug it out at yet again 7 inches and it turned out to be an 1858 halfdime. Another three feet from that signal, BAM another high 80's signal at 7 inches that turned out to be the 1843 quarter. And last but not least, I went back over to the area where I found the first three and got a very IRONY blip and found the last coin, an 1857 quarter at about a foot deep.

If you did read the last sentence, it gives me very good reason to believe there are more coins to be found at this spot. Thanks for looking.

-Jeff

Sorry this video took so long! I tried to upload it to youtube twice yesterday and finally got it on round 3 :laughing9:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's One Heck of a Coin Spill!

Awesome coin spill and Banner hunt, trol!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one of those coins would have blown me away. BTW - Tried viewing the video but it would not let me.
Nick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread