Found Big Silver and Indians!!!

dlrwaitnonadime

Oct 22, 2010
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SquatMonkey and I got out to an old house today in between the rain and got in about four and a half hours. My third target was a 12-44 signal at two inches which turned out to be a Walking Liberty Half of the 1943 Vintage. About thirty minutes later I got my Holy Grail not once but twice. Dlrwaitnonadime has been on a quest for over two years now to find an Indian Head penny and today it happened. We watch posts on here all the time and I always think I am never gonna find stuff like I see on here and within the last two weeks we have found a Barber Quarter and now a Walking Liberty and Indians at last. To say I was happy is an understatement. The Indians both came in at 07-35, 11-35 on my machine. One of them was in the same hole with a wheat. I dug the wheat, filled the hole. Stood up swung the coil and bam another 07-35. Reopened the hole and my pinpointer dinged again and out came my second Indian. Anybody got any tips for cleaning up Indians? These both had a dark black layer over the sweet green patina. I was able to get most of it off one of them with a soft toothbrush but the other is quite stubborn. The dates are 1905 and 1907. I got to cross off the Walker and Indians today. I guess seated is my next goal.

DSCN1705.jpg

DSCN1706.jpg

DSCN1708.jpg

DSCN1709.jpg

DSCN1710.jpg

DSCN1711.jpg

Upvote 0

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet big silver :icon_thumright:

looking4largecent

Dec 11, 2011
iowa
Detector(s) used
whites xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I clean my Indians buy soaking them in olive oil for a couple of days then rubbing them down with baking soda. Seems to work o.k.

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking4largecent said:
I clean my Indians buy soaking them in olive oil for a couple of days then rubbing them down with baking soda. Seems to work o.k.

The question is, does it take the patina away?

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on Walker and the Indians. There is a Seated out there for you.
Good Luck
Kevin
:icon_thumright:

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_thumright:

nice walker....who here thinks of the walking dead tv show every time they hear the word walker now????? great silver find! your digging in a great spot to find silver and Indians! congrats man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread