Found Civil War Relics

Bossgobbler23

Oct 24, 2004
Mid-Michigan
Here is what my father and I found on our first ever civil war relic hunt. Thanks to those of you who helped with my questions prior to going. These items were found with permission from land owner. We detected a site very close to the Cold Harbor battlefield. I do not know anything about the buttons. The button 2nd from right is flat on the front but appears to have gold plating on the back and says "WASHINGTON" on it. The one on the far right says "Barling & Wambold". I do not know if the last one is from a civil war uniform or civillian. There was a house site close by.There is also an iron key of some type. If anyone can help in identifying any of these I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• Civil War Relics07.jpg
    Civil War Relics07.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,196
  • Civil War Button Back.jpg
    Civil War Button Back.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,015
  • Civil War Button Front.jpg
    Civil War Button Front.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Civil War Relics07.jpg
    Civil War Relics07.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,004
  • Civil War Button Back.jpg
    Civil War Button Back.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 996
  • Civil War Button Front.jpg
    Civil War Button Front.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 987

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's to you and your Dad Boss....You've got some good lookin' lead there,Nice variety.The only thing I could find out about the button's is the "barling & wambold was probably from the late 1880's-90's,Could be wrong.Other than that great find's to you both and HH!!

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
Just wanted to say that you did well. Cool digs!

Ronin HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions