CONFEDERATE CAMP FINDS

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Had Heavy Rain Here Last Night, Decided To Hunt The Site Of A Confederate Camp That Is Now Under Construction For A New Sub Division. This Site Is One Of Many I Have Seen That Have Been Lost To Progress. I Guess That I Should Be Thankful That I Was Able To Hunt Behind The Bulldozers, Most Likely This Site Will Never Be Hunted Again. I Did Find A Nice Haul Of Lead And Some Flat Buttons. Thanks For Looking. trk5capt...

Attachments

• Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,107
  • Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,088
  • Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Picture 067.jpg
    Picture 067.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,086

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for saving those. We are losing our history at a rapid rate, all in the name of "progress". As my daddy says, "there are too many people in the world". Nice finds.
Mike

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
Cool finds. I hate thinking about all the new homes being built over potential CW finds. Here in Williamsburg it is the same thing. Too many people in one place.

Roy

T

TreasureTales

brnn53 said:
Thanks for saving those. We are losing our history at a rapid rate, all in the name of "progress". As my daddy says, "there are too many people in the world". Nice finds.
Mike

Your daddy is right! Mother Nature will even things out some day soon.

Hey, Captain, do you ever see any ramrod marks on the musket balls you find? A friend of mine found a musket ball and it had a flat spot on it that we determined was from a ramrod. See, we don't get many musket balls in CA so it was an unfamiliar find for us. Anyway, it was pretty cool when we realized it wasn't a dropped ball but had been fired but never hit anything.

Congrats on all the good stuff. And thanks for saving more of our history.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry I missed this one Capt.....Very nice haul for ya!!!I haven't found that many roundball's in one spot ever....Nice job.I'm going to try and hammer the farm's at Antietam this year as much as I can....Going to help you save some of these history piece's myself...Thank's and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions