Found Confederate lead today and a pretty piece of brass lost 80 years earlier.......

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well all good things must come to an end. Today I dug my last artifact from the site that has given up French buttons from 15 different regiments and countless other artifacts. I worked the site for 5 hours today and only dug 5 good targets. The heat was horrendous and the bugs were everywhere. Even after spraying with permethrin i still got bit by 4 ticks. Not only that the undergrowth has exploded and reminds me of the Amazon rain forest! I could just envision a huge Anaconda waiting for me and being that I don't have Jennifer Lopez to help me battle one I officially said goodbye to what has been by far the best Rev War site I have ever discovered. I dug another small 41st regiment button today, a flat button, 2 musket balls, and the last signal of the day .....a Confederate Gardner bullet. Being that it was the last hunt I guess it was fitting to find relics from both wars. A site like this rarely comes along and I realize I will probably never find a site like this again but one thing is for sure....... I've got many great memories. But I will keep looking.:unhappysmiley: Hope everyone finds that relic of their dreams this weekend! HH Devonrex

Attachments

• IMG_0888.JPG
    IMG_0888.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds ya got there for the last time there :thumbsup: I would probably try it some more sometime again though.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a nice ride - enjoyed the finds:thumbsup:

May 2, 2012
Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Sad to hear about the site going bye-bye.
Though I have a feeling you'll find another one in the future. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread