My Metal Detector Itself Was My Find Of The Day!

JaydeesLaydee

May 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had been wanting one for a long time and found a vintage Garrett metal detector at a yard sale today. It was $25. I have been walking in my backyard and only found a few pop tabs, rusty nails, a tin can lid, and figured out where the telephone line runs the hard way. lol. I am kind of a picker and thought the metal detector was a pretty good deal. I looked them up on eBay and found them like mine for about $25 and up...

But I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice on the best places to look and my particular metal detector?

I am new to both treasure hunting and this forum.

Upvote 0

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can try searching Youtube and see if anyone has done any videos showing how to use your particular model of detector. As for where, try the usual places, such as: parks, beaches, picknick area's, carnival or festival sites. Search this forum as there is a ton of info here for anyone, new or old to the hobby.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the model?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should be able to go online and find the user's manual for your model as well.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It ain't a cool story until we know what model it is!! :)

HH/GL!

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sounds like you found a nice old machine cheap! good deal! post up a pic and some details about it for us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread