Found gold & diamonds, now need to know how to sell it?

Cache Hunter in NY

Mar 15, 2005
Fort Drum NY
Re: Found gold & diamonds, now need to know how to sell it?

Careful with selling on ebay I read that the IRS is going to start taxing ebay sales. We should have an auction site just to sell some things we find without the IRS knowing about it lol

~Angela

F

Floater

Not true. The IRS has simply made a ruling on who is taxable and who is not when it comes to sales on ebay. If you have an ebay store or are a power seller that you make a living off of sales on ebay and it is your PRIMARY INCOME then it is taxable. If you are an occasional seller and this is not your primary source of income then you do not have to claim this as taxable.Get the facts straight before you post please.HH

Cache Hunter in NY

Mar 15, 2005
Fort Drum NY

I never said all things posted on ebay will be taxed you don't have to have it as your primary income just an income will make it taxable and if you sell a hunk of gold for several hundred it is taxable. All money someone recieves is taxable and if you are paid anything it is taxable. That is the IRS original rules and now they are trying to relate it to ebay my aunt is not a ebay store owner nor a power seller and they want her to pay taxes on it. So honey I got my facts straight how about you try yours.

Everyone just because before posting on ebay

~Angela

F

Floater

Cache I quote " Careful with selling on ebay I read that the IRS is going to start taxing ebay sales" That sounds like everything to me. HEELLLOOO.
Please read the article in this link. http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstory/41808.html

It has also been reported on CNN. Anything you would be normally taxed on could be and will be taxed. The article is not the definitive answer as the IRS has also said that the rules apply to Sales on Ebay or anywhere.Didnt mean to jerk your chain so early sport but what you said is wrong. and your message is there for all to see. Dont be mad at me. I just call em like I see em .

Cache Hunter in NY

Mar 15, 2005
Fort Drum NY

I am not mad just simply stating facts. News is not proof. sorry. what happens in the real world is proof. I am not telling anyone not to sell on ebay I was just saying to be careful so don't worry.

F

Floater

Ok we can agree to disagree. so are you going to hunt your parents house? Have you been out of your house? has the rain stopped up there? Is it cold?This and many more questions are keeping us sitting on the edge of our seats waiting to be answered. I wont tell you the weather here in sunny south Florida except to say that it is 81 degrees fair and mild with a light breeze off the ocean and apossibility of some evening showers to cool things down a bit with a pleasnt day expected for friday and the weekend is supposed to be EXCELLENT. HH

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas

Angela, I believe that you will find out that eBay is actually owned and operated by the US Postal Services. Anyone, correct me if I am wrong on this one. Anyhow, that being the case, the IRS would know about every single deal made on eBay. Comanchero

F

Floater

UUGGHHH Comanchero EBAY is a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ . In no way is it owned by the Post Office. The y just bought Pay Pal And have a approximately 1.33 billion shares outstanding. The majority owners are listed in the public filings and can be viewed at any time on line. no where is the USPS listed as an investor . HH and nice gold.

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas

Well Floater, ya may be right.? I read so much investment literature I coulda got mixed ideas on something I read about the USPS owning a large part of eBay or Pay Pal or any other thing for that matter! ;D? ?It just stuck in my mind, "what in the heck is the USPS doing in that business".?
However, let us not forget that the USPS is actually no longer a government entitiy like it used to be either, and I am sure it can invest in any program it wants to for more profits. :oComanchero

T

TROUT

HAVEN'T HEARD FROM DW? bosco' s location according to his profile is va. any gold like that out there? :-\

S

SASQUASH

Hay I have a good idea. Start a new forum call it the BE CAREFULL forum any one that wants to be told to be carefull can put there topic on there not that there would be any. I think we all come her to swap story's & ideas not to be a mother or wife,husband for you Lady's. I have been M.D.ing for 15 years & been hurt a few times & love it makes for good story. There is know adventure in be carefull. Telling a M.D.er to be carefull is like saying don't have fun. So I tell you DONT BE CAREFULL get the treasure at all cost. SORRY the rebel yell is coming out. SASQUTCH <><

AA23

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey DWaterz79 if u could possibly post some picks for any day now that would be nice

I'm still trying to figure out ho w diamond and gold were that close to each other

pictures of the artifacts and the location would b very nice, u don't have to name the place i would just like to see the general geography

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread