• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,025
Upvote 0

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool Finds...wonder if theres a way to prove the chisel was used to chisel the date, asuming it's a chisel.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Those are nice finds. Maybe someone here can tell you if it is a nail or chisel. Looks like a chisel to me.

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
The pistol frame has a lanyard ring on it like old military and police service revolvers used to, Very cool. The only gun I ever found was an old Webley revolver that was WW1 British issue, and it had the lanyard ring on it. Are there any markings on it at all?

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I doubt it is a chisel. chisels are hardened so that they will break before bending. it might be a drift pin or other object used as a chisel though.

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Myself, I'd be turnin' that rock over to see what's under it! And I'd be sure to put it back just like it was so nobody'd get mad with me! But that's just my inquisitive nature. ;D

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
I just don't get it, I always see diffrent post where people have found guns. My question is HOW DOES A PERSON LOSE A GUN! Don't get me wrong I think that is one of the coolest finds and would love to find one,however, I own guns and I just can't imagine someone finding one of them in the ground a hundred years from now just because "I lost it". (just a thought)..........

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
My uncle grew up near Mountain View Arkansas, He told me a story once about an old store down the mountain from his home that had a bucket of old revolvers for sale. He couldn't remember exactly what types were there, but remembered them all as being "old broken guns" and mostly cap and ball. He said that he and his brother would buy them from the old man who ran the place for a buck or two and then go play civil war, or shoot em up games in the woods. Apparently they lost every one of them over time in the woods there on the mountain. This would have been the early 50's and most likely those guns are still lying around in the woods for some lucky person to find.

I think some of the land is still in the family, but I'm not sure.....it's got me thinking though about a trip to arkansas

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
nice find I also would flip the rock and see if anything was under it thanks and congrats on a great find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread