Found in $40 of Kennedy halves . . .

S

Smee

Actually started this hobby as a protest to high gas prices. Each week, I purchase $40 in Kennedy halves to purchase my gas for the week. I have always collected silver, but didn't realize there was so much of it still out there.

coins.jpg

This week was my best so far. 3-1967's, 2-1968's, and 1-1969 (that someone had tried to clean). Two of the rolls had silver showing. No dry runs yet, no re-rolling coins.

The girls at the gas station hate to see me coming, but as I told them: "Until the price gets under $2, I'll have to keep paying you out of my piggy bank." So, I'm actually using the gas station as my dump.

Since the local bank won't allow rolled coins, they have to count them every time they make a deposit, then the bank has to count them again. The local bank we both use prohibited the deposit of rolled coins when I used to run a newspaper route with a large number of Rack sales. Then they charged me to roll my coins.

I loved that paper route, really grew my collection of silver quarters and dimes. Plenty of war nickles are still floating around out there too.

I think I need to get some superglue to keep them from getting bored.

Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Thats awesome dude. What a way to dump- at $3+/ gallon it takes over $100 to fill ME truck- they would really hate my $400-500 a month gas habit but I have a company card for that. Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions