Found in Creek bed

Joeyfredrick

Greenie
Jan 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0098.JPG IMG_0100.JPG IMG_0103.JPG
I found this in a Creek bed. Someone mentioned they thought it was part of a knife. Is this accurate?

Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice- wow it's really thick... I'm not sure what it is exactly, but knife is a good possibility

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful creek stain (patina) on it. Id be looking at the banks while you look upstream. Never know you might find the other half. Of course I never have but you never know.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could have been a knife but it could also have been a perform that broke. Nice find and Welcome to T-net:hello:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Judging by the third picture, I would agree with monsterrack's opinion of preform. Overall, it doesn't seem to have enough edge work to be an effective knife.

OP
OP
Joeyfredrick

Joeyfredrick

Greenie
Jan 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is a preform? It sounds like it may be a work in progress that was intended to be knife or something else but was never finished? I'm just guessing here..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a preform? It sounds like it may be a work in progress that was intended to be knife or something else but was never finished? I'm just guessing here..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Something roughed down to be finished later. Here's a modern dude making one..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread