rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the good news a couple of days ago so I hit the creek a running. Found lots of worked flint pieces and no points for a long time. I was starting to get disappointed till I got real far upstream. Along the way I smelled a campfire it had that smell of burning all night not strong but enough to know somebody was there probably sleeping up on the bank where I couldnt see them. Private property by the way and I know the owner. I then saw some beaver sticks positioned along the creek where people had been fishing. I had my little friend with me so even though I was worried I wasnt at the same time. It just wasnt a comfortable feeling like usual cause I kept having to stop and listen to be sure nobody was sneaking up on me. I hurried past that section and went further upstream past a train crossing which I was weary of never know who is under them. I eased on passed it and didnt see any signs on the bank and felt relieved then jumped in my yak and went further upstream. I heard some splashing in the distance behind me (deer maybe) I thought. As I went further upstream I saw a huge gravel bar and some more of them fishing sticks stuck in the bank. I felt sick again knowing it could be dangerous for me. But I took a look and as I was walking it there was a big tall brush section where I couldnt see in about 40 feet away. I raised my little friend in the air so in case anyone was there they could see. I heard some banging on a tin can and I then spoke out to let them know I knew. As I looked I found the nice 2 tone point just barely showing under the gravel and counted my blessings then hauled butt further upstream. Got to no mans land and rested. Saw another large gravel bar and stopped. Rite in the channel that had dried up was the black point under a leaf tip covered. I stared at it for a min then reached after getting a pic of it on my phone. Couldnt believe it was whole. After that I was ready to go but had to go back downstream. I saw a deer trail leading up the bank and I knew there was a large cow pasture up there. I pulled myself through the thorny vines with yak leash in hand. Then dragged my yak up it. I was covered in mud but it was better than going back downstream through the creek not knowing what or who could of been waiting for me around the next bend. Lucky for me the cows and bulls were in the next field in a locked fence. I then dragged my yak about 1.5 miles through the open field every once in a while looking over my shoulder to be sure nobody was behind me. Long story I know but true. rock

Attachments

• SDC12055.JPG
    SDC12055.JPG
    757.3 KB · Views: 123
  • SDC12057.JPG
    SDC12057.JPG
    957.7 KB · Views: 121
  • SDC12051.JPG
    SDC12051.JPG
    681.9 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sound about as obsessed as me! Glad you were rewarded with the very nice point!

ghp95134

Sep 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
southfork said:
Why would anyone sneak up on you ?
It's not paranoia if they REALLY are out to get you!

I'm guessing someone was poaching beaver on his friend's property. Poachers can get pretty nasty.

--ghp

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Rock:icon_thumleft:and it's better to have something an not need it than not to have an need it.:headbang:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to look at the wheels you can strap on your Kayak. Makes life easier and you can haul a lot more. I still think you need to swing a metal detector in some of your areas. Nice hunt. I know you were not to scared as you are always packing :hello:

Triumph

Oct 7, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Let me know rock if you need a side kick. I've got some big guns and a yak!
LOL
Great story and point.

Last edited:

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome point ! Wow Rock, congrats.

I'm not totally sure of the situation there; transients/ homeless?
But if so, I know this, they generally do not have "little friends" because they can't hold on to anything worth more than $5 for an entire day.

My friend years ago was fishing at a small pond with his wife, a couple of drunk transients came out from the trees walking right toward them. He pulled his piece from his tackle box and they turned right around.

Of course he got the hell out of there after that.......be safe !

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meth Heads
That is when you run a few clips through make sure your action is working good and the rounds are not hanging up on you. That usually gets them paranoid and running. :laughing7:

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to look at the wheels you can strap on your Kayak. Makes life easier and you can haul a lot more. I still think you need to swing a metal detector in some of your areas. Nice hunt. I know you were not to scared as you are always packing :hello:

Where do they sell them and do they strap on the yak while in the water? There is lots of trees and I wonder if they would get stuck on them when I have to run and gun over them in the deep sections. Get that fast paddle and hop when you hit the tree laying a couple of inches under the surface (run and gun). I didnt use to carry but after last year while out in the middle of no where there appeared a guy. Just to say it was a weird thing every since I carry. I didnt hear banjos but I dont think they were far off and got out of there.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is when you run a few clips through make sure your action is working good and the rounds are not hanging up on you. That usually gets them paranoid and running. :laughing7:

Thats the thing it jams sometimes. I didnt want to fire off unless I had to. I dont care how many clips you have cause if it jams well you know.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 yaks one sit on top and 1 not. The sit on top you cant stay dry in the winter on that one and its heavy 13 ft long. The other is 10 ft and light. I cant get my legs in it cause they are to long but it works fine with my feet hanging out. I can jump in and out of it fast. I actually like the smaller one better for a creek.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the thing it jams sometimes. I didnt want to fire off unless I had to. I dont care how many clips you have cause if it jams well you know.
Two words; Glock.

Oh that's one word. ;)

Many Glocks out there with 10000 rds through them. A little bulky but great capacity and reliability.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread