Sep 28, 2004

Attachments

• HPIM0274.JPG
    HPIM0274.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,776

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
bud you have some collection there........it definantly has a very good value.........i sold 5 musket balls from a rev war site for 187.00 and a button from the same camp for 283.00......go ebay, or find a serious collector.....it would help if you knew where these were found also...............gldhntr

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gldhntr said:
bud you have some collection there........it definantly has a very good value.........i sold 5 musket balls from a rev war site for 187.00? and a button from the same camp for 283.00......go ebay, or find a serious collector.....it would help if you knew where these were found also...............gldhntr

You can buy collections like this on ebay all day everyday for approx. $25

"take a look for yourself"

you must have found a 'real' sucker to pay $187 for 5 musket balls

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i listed all these items for 1 dollar no reserve......there were about 16-18 people bidding on the button and 9-10 bidding on the balls........i consider the buyers to be great customers instead of suckers, wouldn't you ? now had i set the price this high, i would be a criminal, but i let the bidders set all my prices as nearly everything i list is 1 dollar no reserve...that way, if they pay way too much, it is their fault not mine..................... gldhntr

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
many of these era buttons would be worth 50 bucks or more each........google ''civil war relics for sale'',,,,,,you will find many sites with many pics and prices.......gldhntr

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Yes GH, some buttons are worth fifty bucks, however many, many more aren't worth fifty cents. Sight unseen, I think fifty bucks is a fair price to offer. There could be nothing of real value there, in which case I would be over-paying for some minnie balls and other parts. Course, it is possible that he could have a hundred dollar button in the batch too. Unlikely, but possible. I think thirty bucks would still be fair if he was to take all the buttons out of the box!

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
If you have any buttons in the collection, you should do some research. Civil war buttons as well as coins can fetch some good money depending on what you have.
Pepperpump ;)

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
I think gldhntr's first post is the most informative. Go back to your source and find out as much as possible about these things. Were they dug in a battlefield? On a family farm? Where is important. That can help date some of these things and add provenance..somewhat. Without some form of identification or authentication they lose some of their worth.
Just as they are DigEm's 50 dollars may not be far off.
Go get some more info and your price can skyrocket...but don't get your hopes up. There are lots of relics out there.
All that said, those are some beautiful things even if you just keep them and make a display case for them.
My two cents

grizzly bare

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions