FOUND IT!!! I FOUND THE FOUNDATION TO THE DANCE HALL

D

davehood

According to old timers that live in the area, there was a dance hall on the old ferry system on Sypsy River here in Walker County. I went to where one gentleman told me to check. I found moss covered morter steps leading up an imbankment. I went to the top and found what looks like the trash dump. I pulled serveral Pepsi Cola glass bottles out of them. Since I dont know that much about bottle collecting, I dont know how to date these. I did a few searches on Google but still cant find anything that looks close to these. I would post some pics but I havent figured out how to do that yet.

I am going to hit the ground running this weekend. I cant wait to get my girls and I to this site. If I find out how to post pics I will post some of the site as well. Its right on the river, perfect traffic place for river traffic and road traffic.

Upvote 0

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds great!good luck,nice work,let us know

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go my neighbor Dave!!! Hurry and figure out the picture posting!!! I wanna see!!!

Oh...and be careful out there too....

the SNAKES are out in Bama now. :-\ Saw one yesterday! :o

Sounds like an exciting place to hunt!

Good Luck!!!

Nana ;)

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That site could be phenomenal!
I have detected a couple that had already benn hunted, but still did very well.
Lots of silver.
The best of luck!

B

brz

Good luck with your hunt! There is an old dance pavillion that I know of that burned down around 1920, along with an old sauna and other outbuildings, which according to some of the old timers, were shacks for the hookers to make a few bucks. I'm just waiting for the area to thaw out. Good luck and HH.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Dave, great research and leg work...Sometimes finding an old foundation and the anticipation....is as good as detecting it. :)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going Dave and good luck...Before you go learn how to post pic's for all the loot you're goona bring back.We love the pic's....HH!!

OP
OP
D

davehood

I finally figured out the pics thing. Here is the pics of the Pepsi bottles I found. I did find out a little. They date between the late 50's and 60's. I havent found out anything else. Now I can go back and get some pics of the area and see what everyone thinks.

Attachments

• Pepsi bottle 3.jpg
    Pepsi bottle 3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 373
R

rvbvetter

I'll be darn. I went right through that era and I'll be dang'd if I can remember those. I feel something vague about the 70's, but they were probably plastic by then. Interesting find. HH

L

lookingaround

are you refering to walker county, texas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread