Found last year, discovered today.....

F

Felinepeachy

Okay, do you all remember that disgusting, ugly, hideous ring I found last year? There was a debate as to whether it was gold or not. I didn't think it was, nobody did really. I mean, who would have an ugly ring of gold right? It was a weird color when I found it but it was heavy like you imagine gold should be. Anyway, today I took it to our local jeweler. He did the scratch test and said, "IT"S GOLD" Next he weighed it and it weighs 10.9 grams. :o I asked him what karat he thought it was and he said either 14 or 18 karat but probably 18 because of the era it was made. He wanted to buy it from me but I told him no because it was my first gold find. :tongue3:

Attachments

• earrings and bracelet 025.jpg
    earrings and bracelet 025.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,133
  • earrings and bracelet 026.jpg
    earrings and bracelet 026.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • earrings and bracelet 027.jpg
    earrings and bracelet 027.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,134
Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
uhhh yeah...it IS ugly! lol Gold though....can't beat that! Too funny you are all thrilled with your first gold find only to find out it was not your first! lol Congrats on both but I think the other one is much prettier! :wink: ;D

OP
OP
F

Felinepeachy

Cynangyl said:
uhhh yeah...it IS ugly! lol Gold though....can't beat that! Too funny you are all thrilled with your first gold find only to find out it was not your first! lol Congrats on both but I think the other one is much prettier! :wink: ;D
LOL, I agree. It is kind of a bummer because I could have been all excited when I found it but wasn't really because I thought for sure it was junk. What a waste. Verifying it today just wasn't the same. But I'm still happy. ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol I think I know exactly how you feel....at least you got to be real excited about your first gold this year before you found out....would have been a shame if you had found out that one was your first gold last week then the next day found the pretty one....then you would have been cheated out of that excitement twice! :tongue3:

OP
OP
F

Felinepeachy

Cynangyl said:
lol I think I know exactly how you feel....at least you got to be real excited about your first gold this year before you found out....would have been a shame if you had found out that one was your first gold last week then the next day found the pretty one....then you would have been cheated out of that excitement twice! :tongue3:

EXACTLY!! :thumbsup:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
girl, you are on a roll...thank heavens you didnt toss that out .... now just wait for gold prices to go lil higher and instant moola ... :thumbsup:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
very nice job! The front is clearly an awesome design that i have not ever seen before! Very nice job though!!!! :D

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
It's a great ring! Are all the 'sticks and stuff' in the design an arty monogram? Sort of looks like 3 initials..

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if ugly is the right word, maybe cool or unique. The hole on the right is kinda ugly. Oh well a unique gold ring is better than no gold ring.

Keep @ it and HH!!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your gonna have to change your last name to GOLDEN ;D

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost 11 grams! That's huge! Congratulations on your gold! It is very "unique".

Steve

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
Does that ring have a signature/initials inside of it? It looks like it was hand made and cast. If it was made by a famous/known artist it may be a worthy find regardless of it's appearance. I would start by finding about any known jewelers in the area that it was found. Was it found in one of those upscale areas such as Carmel, S.F., etc.? Otherwise it might be the end result of an art students attempt at a "conceptual art ring"

S

Scots Gaelic

Could you get a better pic w/ a light source to show the detail of the front of the ring?

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's one ugly ring...probably shoulda tossed it back in the hole...

KIDDING dear, of course...doesn't even matter if it's gold or not, it's great ring...it's personal to some one, somewhere and at some point in the past. Those are the truely special items, coins are just generic coins, everyone's got 'em, even many rings, just generic and round. But this thing was created for a singular purpose, someone's vision of whatever...a real keeper, no matter what crazy price gold gets up to, it's worth way more.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Peachy,
I swear that looks like it says "FANG" on it. Somewhere theres a vampire with out
his ring. :sign10:
Joe

OP
OP
F

Felinepeachy

Tennessee-Joe said:
Peachy,
I swear that looks like it says "FANG" on it. Somewhere theres a vampire with out
his ring. :sign10:
Joe

LOL Yes, it does look like the word fang but I think they are the initials BWG. Look again.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Peachy,
You are right, It's Big Wugly Guy. lol
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread