Found last year, discovered today.....

F

Felinepeachy

Okay, do you all remember that disgusting, ugly, hideous ring I found last year? There was a debate as to whether it was gold or not. I didn't think it was, nobody did really. I mean, who would have an ugly ring of gold right? It was a weird color when I found it but it was heavy like you imagine gold should be. Anyway, today I took it to our local jeweler. He did the scratch test and said, "IT"S GOLD" Next he weighed it and it weighs 10.9 grams. :o I asked him what karat he thought it was and he said either 14 or 18 karat but probably 18 because of the era it was made. He wanted to buy it from me but I told him no because it was my first gold find. :tongue3:

Attachments

• earrings and bracelet 025.jpg
    earrings and bracelet 025.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,133
  • earrings and bracelet 026.jpg
    earrings and bracelet 026.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • earrings and bracelet 027.jpg
    earrings and bracelet 027.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,134
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
Okay, do you all remember that disgusting, ugly, hideous ring I found last year?

How could anybody forget a disgusting, ugly, hideous ring like that, peaches?? ::) ::) ::)

Congrats on your gold.....smart girl having a jeweler taking a look at it. It didn't really look like gold to me either. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Whats so ugly about it? you just have to look at it to see the picture it has within it. They can acid test it Mia and tell you if it is 10, 14, 18, 24 ect. I think most pawn or jewerly places can do it.

what did it read on your MXT? another nickel?

OP
OP
F

Felinepeachy

I had it tested to see if it was gold, it is. They have to do a different test for karat. He said he thought it was 14 or 18 but thought 18 because of the era its from

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a really unusual and intrigueing pattern, not ugly to me, rather very masculine. Would not look good on a limp wrist at all! Great find! monty

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Well, I don't think its ugly at all. I'd take it in a finstant...that's a half an instant. Congrats.

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
That ring is not ugly, I know that because you ain't seen my ex-wife, now thats UGLY!

Way to go Peachy! :thumbsup:

Slipperyjack47

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions