Found my 1st classring today

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
I went hunting today with Echostar61, lol and I think she may not speak to me for awhile since she about froze ;D Anywho, found plenty of clad (almost 150 coins), a 1929 wheatie, a 1946 nickle, a .45 cal slug, and a token that says "Chas Wilhoit" and has an owl on the front (currently soaking).

Amongst that was a 1978 womens 10K classring. I've been trying to locate the owner, who's name is engraved inside the ring, but no luck. I'm going to call the school tomorrow & see if they can help.

Smitty
(sorry for the blurry pic ::))
11-27-07ring.jpg

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Looks like a real sweetie Smitty, congrats on that first class (y) ring.

Those close ups are tough.
I have the same problem with my camera.
I have found that if I hold it in my palm,
and shoot it there in close up mode,
the camera seems to focus better on the ring.
I also shoot from at least a foot away then crop it down
and re-size it to around 700mp wide. Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
I

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Thanks BDoo, I need to practice taking pics (I'll try what you mentioned), hadn't had the need for "close-ups" until I got into MDing. I know a blurry pic is little better than none :D

Smitty

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
Congrats on the first class ring.I found my first one about a month ago .An eldrly woman gave me permission to hunt her yard and said her daughter in law lost it about 10 years ago .If found it she would like it back.I thought it was long gone but in five minutes I was back on her porch with it.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 1st class ring, Smitty. Hopefully you will find the owner. Good Luck & keep us posted.

;) RR

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't worry about the pic Smitty.....I can see it.Excellent find and good luck finding the owner,hopefully it won't take too long.Congrat's and HH

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Good luck finding the owner, the school should be a great resource. Nothing like returning a find to the owner and hearing the story on how it was lost.
Sweet!
HH
Mark G

OP
OP
I

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Thanks all. I'd like to be able to return it to it's owner. The ring is nearly 30 years old, but hard telling how long ago she'd lost it. lol, I'd just like to see the look on a persons face when they were reunited with something that may have been lost for decades.

Smitty

ring4.jpg

echostar61

Jul 22, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter,Prizim II
Congrats Smitty. Now who got the only cool find of the day and skunked my frozen butt on clad ? Remember what you said,now were even ;D. Great find,I'm thrilled for you.
Terri

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on that first class ring when i found my first one that made my day. What am i saying that made my month.................................................==Jim==

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Way to go. Nice ring. Good luck in finding the owner.
Joe

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:D Nice going Smitty! Hope you find the owner, it's always nice to give something back when you can. HH

Desertfox

OP
OP
I

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
echostar61 said:
Remember what you said,now were even ;D.

Yeah Terri, on "finds".....there's still that little time when you shoved me down & ran me over for that LC :P

cmhoose- It's from Shennandoah.

Thanks all!
Smitty

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smitty,
A big CONGRATS on the 78' class ring. A very nice one at that. Same year I graduated high school in Indiana. What part of Indiana is that high school?
I hope you can track down the owner. That would be cool.
Great job,
MM

OP
OP
I

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Shennandoah sets outside of Middletown (Mountain Oyster capitol of the world ;)) between New Castle & Pendleton. I called the school today & the gal who answered said she had graduated the year prior and knew the owner of the ring. However she hadn't had contact with her since school, but I left my info in the event she (or someone else) could locate the owner. Hopefully someone can locate her.

Smitty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions