strange copper disc

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
I was hunting today in a wooded area next to an old Shriners hospital and across the road from a church. I didn't find much to speak of, except for this disc. It was about 6 inches in the ground and was folded in half and again in quarter. After carefully unfolding it and wiping it off, I could see a bearded face with two rows of writing around it. After cleaning it up at home I could see what appears to be the face of Jesus with rays surrounding the head. The outer circle of writing appears to be Greek and the inner circle is Latin. My Latin is kind of rusty, but I believe it says something about all creatures being obedient.

Any ideas? The disc is 5 1/2 inches in diameter and appears to be copper. There's a loop at the top which makes it seem like a shield to be hung up.

jesus shield 001.JPG

Upvote 3

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Nice coppa disc. Have you re-visited the Draped Buuusssst site? :D

BDD...Kirk

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wish I new Bob...Look's a little spooky to me.I'm sure someone will come up with something.HH!!

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
This appears to be a variation of the occult El Shaddai talisman known as the First Seal of Sol, or First Pentacle of the Sun, said to bring the possessor all things that he desires. The Latin inscription Ecce faciem et figuram ejus per quem omnia facta et cui omnes obedient creaturae means, "Behold his face and form, through whom all things were made, and whom all obey."

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Wow, PBK. What a source of knowledge you are. Where do you get all your info? A talisman, eh. First time I've ever found anything of the occult. Does it mean I'm gonna get anything I desire? Geesh. But thanks for the info.
Bob

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
plehbah said:
And so it begins.......... SkiierBob is now the new Dark Master.
:o

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
plehbah said:
And so it begins.......... SkiierBob is now the new Dark Master.

Oh No !!! Bob is gonna lose all his hair ?!?!?!?!!!?!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread