OP
OP
coinseeker

coinseeker

Apr 26, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
dfx
Thanks, It's kind of funny how good it makes you feel to find a few coins after searching for a few hours: I mean most of us are not going to get rich doing it, but it is a relaxing endeavor, which offers us a few smiles when we make an unexpected discovery or two......

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I mean most of us are not going to get rich doing it, but it is a relaxing endeavor, which offers us a few smiles when we make an unexpected discovery or two......

Well said.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
$5.14 in clad is a nice amount! I found a Kennedy half last year none this year. I still remember finding it! It sure surprised me when I saw it come out of the ground! :o Nice find! :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice coinseeker, WTG!!!
I have yet to find a Kenedy, Franklin, or a Seated, but I have found a Barber, which was a thrill... The thrill, and having a good time, is what it's all about...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
coinseeker

coinseeker

Apr 26, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
dfx
DFX-Gregg said:
$5.14 in clad is a nice amount! I found a Kennedy half last year none this year. I still remember finding it! It sure surprised me when I saw it come out of the ground! :o Nice find! :)
Your coin totals for 2007 show that you have been pretty busy so far. I'm still learning my DFX capabilities. I'm still on the low end of the learning curve, but it's potential amazes me. Good luck adding to your coin cache.

OP
OP
coinseeker

coinseeker

Apr 26, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
dfx
Leon said:
Very nice coinseeker, WTG!!!
I have yet to find a Kenedy, Franklin, or a Seated, but I have found a Barber, which was a thrill... The thrill, and having a good time, is what it's all about...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~
Thanks-- it was nice to see the half after seeing a high vdi number-- the other time that I had that high of a vdi, I found a silver ring. But finding an older coin like the Barber would sure have me smiling for the rest of the day. Hope that you can add to your Barber collection.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
coinseeker said:
DFX-Gregg said:
Your coin totals for 2007 show that you have been pretty busy so far. I'm still learning my DFX capabilities. I'm still on the low end of the learning curve, but it's potential amazes me. Good luck adding to your coin cache.

I have been able to get out 3x a week. I see your quarter amount to penny ratio is a little interesting... Are you skipping a lot of the penny signals? Some block/edit them out completely with the dfx. I ignore some of the penny signals, I will not lie. But the last hunt I had on Thursday, I found 113 coins. I had three different coin spills of 18, 10 and 7 coins. The first signal was>>>a penny! ;) Each spill ended up having nickels, dimes and quarters...just a thought about ignoring them. Be careful with broken signals..ignoring them when it looks like a block cluster almost raining on your dfx screen can often be a coin/pocket spill...but it can be a coathanger too! ;D Good luck and very nice day! I will take $5.14 in clad any day!

OP
OP
coinseeker

coinseeker

Apr 26, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
dfx
If things are slow, I will dig some pennies for a little action, but pass alot of them up(these are solid penny hits). I'm sure that that would change if I found an Indian Head penny or two, but these are almost always Lincoln Memorial pennies in these areas. I am at the point on the learning curve that I'm just beginning to tweak my DFX and really enjoying the learning trip. I used to pass up a lot of Nickel targets too, because of all the pop-up tabs, but enjoy finding the occasional nickel now and then as I learn to be more discriminating. I usually dig the strange noises just to see what's down there. It is an intriquing hobby.

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
Half dollar coins are few and far between ,I have found only one in the past couple of years.

If 100 people were asked at random if they had a half dollar in their possession,probably none would.

I have had kids at fast food joints ask what half dollars were and how much they were worth.Quite a number of younger people have never seen one.

hasbeen

OP
OP
coinseeker

coinseeker

Apr 26, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
dfx
We must be getting old or are old because we know what a half-dollar is...lol Yes, they aren't used much anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread